LegacyGT.com

I hate frameless windows

i'd rather you come up with a real reason why you prefer the frameless windows. and why they're superior to framed. the reason you gave is ridiculous.

it hurts less when I slam my hand in them... :lol:

i'd rather you come up with a real reason why you prefer the frameless windows. and why they're superior to framed. the reason you gave is ridiculous.

it hurts less when I slam my hand in them... :lol:

It was sarcasm. And to be honest, I dont care either way. I dont have a problem with my frameless windows so no need to dislike them.

well I've had both of my drivers side windows replaced. and part of the reason they were scratched to shit is because they are a frameless design, which obviously offers less support for the glass. I only have a problem with them because I've had problems with them.

i love frameless windows myself, as an owner of a 15yr old 240sx that had them :p it has never leaked, and i fixed that annoying problem after the rain, or when im using wipers that water comes in--i bought JDM window thingys (uhh those things that attach to the top of the window O.o)

Frameless looks clean and cool, nicer to grab just the top of the door to close it instead of a window frame which just looks dorky.:lol:

I've had 4 Subies, all with frameless (obviously) with over a half million miles put on them collectively, never had any problems whatsoever. You guys that do, stop abusing your Subies!:rolleyes:

they're frameless so there's no piece of steel to come in a crush your head in a crash.

I really wish I had framed windows this morning. We're getting rain and winds up to 60 mph. With a crosswind from the passenger side and driving at highway speeds, my driver window kept pulling away from the seal. It was moving about 1/4-3/8" at the top of the B pillar. It's effing annoying to have to hear this for 40 minutes straight. :mad: Kept having to draft off of other vehicles to stop this from happening. Times like this I wish I had framed windows.

Spec_b

Cobb Stage II @ 18.2psi, K&N Typhoon, Shifter Bushings, waiting to install Perrin TMIC, Hawk Street Pads

time to sound dumb......

whats a frameless window?

dont say a window without a frame, i picked up on that. whats the difference in the look? im getting my LGT in the next two weeks so i cant go to the driveway and look

window not surrounded by big plastic type crap...and when the windows are rolled down..well there is nothing to grab onto...you just have the doors..just...well you will see once you get ur lgt

http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicles/new/showroom/2000/0320/windows4.jpg

time to sound dumb......

dont say a window without a frame, i picked up on that. whats the difference in the look? im getting my LGT in the next two weeks so i cant go to the driveway and look

Frameless looks clean and cool, nicer to grab just the top of the door to close it instead of a window frame which just looks dorky.:lol:

I've had 4 Subies, all with frameless (obviously) with over a half million miles put on them collectively, never had any problems whatsoever. You guys that do, stop abusing your Subies!:rolleyes:

Same here...my '84 and '85 wagons were also frameless. Never had issues.

I personally love frameless, especially in the summer when you can keep the windows rolled down.

I love the look of the frameless when you open the doors with the windows down...

I don't know if anyone had issues with everyone using the window to shut the door but it seperates the window from the door and causes issues with sealing...and what not...so I have to remind people NOT to shut the door with the window...its not stable enough...

I also notice that after it rains I have a TON of moisture in my car/condensation which I didn't have before...they seem to seal ok and don't actually leak...but they allow for a lil more than normal moisture to get in...

bought myself a legacy, of course only to clear up the window issue not for any other reasons. I pick her up tuesday

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/fiidgett2/100_4429-1.jpg

time to sound dumb......

Archived