LegacyGT.com

What brake lines to use with rear Brembo calipers?

fweasel

The Legacy fitment Goodridge stainless lines look like the banjo fitting might be at the incorrect angle for use with Brembo rear calipers. What lines have people used with the rear Brembo calipers installed on the Legacy?
ignore him, he'll go away.

I guess I should add I'm looking for input from those that sourced their own take-off calipers vs. buying the kit new with included lines. Or, if you bought the new kit, do you have pictures of the SS lines that came with it?

I used the regular SS LGT lines. If you position them just right you can still get at the upper brake pad pin, w/o having to reposition the brake line. Or you could do as I did, and position it with the least tension, and thereby blocking the exit path of the upper pad guide pin. I figured if I am replacing pads, I should also bleed the fluid too! So no big deal in loosening the line in order to gain the clearance needed to pull the pin out.

Well, block the pin is a problem for me as I will be switching out pads on a regular basis during the summer. Good to know as I might not have considered that interference issue until after everything was installed.

I'd source some STi lines, but I believe they're one piece lines vs. the Legacy two piece design.

• 2 weeks later...
PM Snowdork, I know he is running Brembo's all around.

SnoDork is on his way back from Europe right now, but since I installed his Brembos for him, I'll answer the question. Simply put, use LGT lines. They work just fine with Brembos, both front and rear.

SnoDork is on his way back from Europe right now, but since I installed his Brembos for him, I'll answer the question. Simply put, use LGT lines. They work just fine with Brembos, both front and rear.

Thanks, good to know. Had some issues while installing the RB rear adapter kit with some AP lines on TRS's car due to the angle of the banjo fitting and the position of the bosses on the back of the stock caliper.

I would have preferred black for a more stealth appearance, but couldn't justify the price difference.

Got low mileage set F&R with pads for $1k shipped so I jumped on it.

will these lines fit the 3.0R Boost? :-p If so i'll make my appointment with you soon.

Honestly I don't know for sure, but I cannot imagine that the calipers and lines on your 3.0R would be different than those on the LGT, so you'll more than likely be fine.

And for archival purposes, here's what Snodork PM'd me:

I have LGT Specific Goodridge lines. I just reused them all around. For the rears, the banjo has a 90* bend in it, so it lies outside of the "retaining" tabs on the calipers, but i've had NO issues with my lines and calipers...bled fine, no leaks or drips, and there the fact that the line is stationary to the rear assembly (unlike the front) i had no worries about the install....

Good.

Now I am debating between going with the rear adapter rotor or extra thick parking brake shoes. The latter has the benefit of being able to use standard rotors and will be cheaper over the long run.

Archived