LegacyGT.com

Not happy with Subaru

Good luck finding a wife with no miles on her and equiped from the "factory" just the way you want her.

That car has a dozen flaws you haven't found yet and none are from the way it was driven those hundred miles.

HA! best post I've read in a long time. Hysterical!

You can not blame a dealer for not having your specific car choice in stock. That's not a fair complaint. They put in orders to the manufacturers for cars and other times they are sent cars depending on what that specific dealer sells a lot of. Maybe they do not sell many sedans with spoilers, or whatever. Or maybe they had one that sold 2 weeks ago and the new one hasn't come in yet. There's way to many car combos to have them all in stock.

I've never heard of a dealer sending a flat bed truck to pick up a Subaru. But I'm sure it's happened. Just tell them you want to do the dealer trade then.

I bought mine at Santa Monica Subaru and they had to pick it up in Long Beach.

mine was transported 450 miles,texas to jacksonville by truck (was cheaper than flying there and driving back)

only major issue ive had was ovearheating in 95 plus temps with the a/c, dealer ship hasnt figured it out, i did, i need a thermostat, when my warrenty runs out im also going to run 2 flexalite fans, wired to acc mode, downside(take a lil longer to warm up) thats ok for me though.

Chances are you'll have a 70 year old retired guy driving your car.

+1 on the old farts doing dealer trades. There might be excessive wear on your left turn signal bulbs from being left on for 100 miles though.....

I wound up taking Amtrak 100 miles to pick up mine because none of the local dealers had 5MTs of ANY color WITHOUT a spoiler. It's your call though, if you like the spoiler, get one!

-- Steve

I worked in the car industry for 7 years. A 100 mile dealer trade is completely normal and is not just a Subaru thing. We'd send Mercedes and BMW's from Los Angeles to San Diego every day. It's 100 miles on a new car, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Chances are you'll have a 70 year old retired guy driving your car.

As far as the spoiler. It won't rust. After the hole's are drilled, they put paint and sealant on it which covers the bare metal. Plus if the dealer does it, it's supposed to be covered under warranty.

Enjoy your car and don't sweat the small stuff.

I had a Dealer Trade driver(retired old guy) flip a car carrier hauling Range Rovers one time. Not a good deal.

I agree, every dealer should have at least one model / colour combination of every car at all times :rolleyes:

It's impossible. Manufacturers only make what sells. Plus your inventory would be ridiculous, way to costly to maintain. Your bank that maintains your floorplan(finances the cars on your lot) would have a fit.

But it would be nice for the cust.

My previous car I got the day it came off the carrier, it had 1 mile on it. That was pretty cool.

But, my current car was a dealer trade as well. I believe it had about 65 miles on it when I took delivery, which sounds about right.

The dealer I went through had about 15 Leg.'s and every single one was a 4eat. I wanted a 5mt, hence the trade.

It's impossible. Manufacturers only make what sells. Plus your inventory would be ridiculous, way to costly to maintain. Your bank that maintains your floorplan(finances the cars on your lot) would have a fit.

But it would be nice for the cust.

:lol: You have to understand Canadian sarcasm better. That's what the :rolleyes: was for. :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I picked up my car after waiting for 2 weeks for it to be sent across the country via train. When i picked it up it had 71 KM's on the odo, but it had to travel from the dealer to the train and then here on it's own accord.

They don't heli-lift the cars around in the air so they can keep the odo at zero.

I bought Legacy limited with VDC but the dealer didnt have the color I wanted so they had to find one at another dealership. The problem is that they have to drive the car down to my dealership which is around 100 miles. Thats not exactly what I had in my. Getting my NEW car with 100 miles that I dont even know how they drove it. They could of beat on the car for all i know.

Other thing is I wanted a spoiler on straight from the factory. They couldnt find that so now they have to install in it my car. Is there any chance the car could get rusted where they drill the holes to put the spoiler on?

You guys have any suggestion what I can do about getting my car with 100 miles and spoiler getting rusty where they drill the hole?

Check out some of the alternatives to the factory spoiler. Spoilerless is nice, and the lip spoilers are nice and subtle:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45900

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73438&highlight=gear+rear+lip+spoiler

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61738&highlight=gear+rear+lip+spoiler

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Thanks for all the post. I guess Im just being paranoid about the 100 miles and I didnt mean for the car to have 0 miles. I usually see cars with less than 10 miles when they get their new car.

With all the negative comments about Schaumburg service center, I think im just going to get my spoiler installed and hope it doesnt rust. Sales department was AWESOME from what I experienced.

You guys have any suggestions what to check for when I go get my car when it comes in?

When I was looking at Subarus, one of the first questions I had was can I get it without the spoiler, or if not how much does it cost to have it removed. Even though I am an old fart, me kids have the same attitude.

And it's not just the annoyance of trying to clear the snow off the trunk.

Unless you are planning to race it, it really does not help that much. I particularly think it does not help that much on cars that are FWD - as for AWD it would not seem like it.

That said, the Subarus are not as ridiculous looking as some.

As for a dealer trade, all car buying tips recommend against doing that. You should go to the dealer that has the car you want and buy there.

Back in '96 I bought a new S-10. It was delivered from MD 2 PA and I was @ the dealer when it arrived. I watched the driver get out of it w/a cig in his mouth! I smoked back then so it didn't bother me that much but if I was a nonsmoker there woulda been hell 2 pay.
Braille B2015, RBS grill, Borla CBE, Zero/Sports rad shroud, Hayden TC, Group A crank & alt pulley - Mike

Archived