LegacyGT.com

Tired of Damage to Front Lip

Speedracerx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As another old guy about to lower my ride with Ions, I too crave a front lip. I've been toying with a barge board. For those of you who don't follow F1, it's basically a piece of plywood that absorbs impacts and scrapes instead of leaving that job to the carbon fiber on an F1 car.

I've been thinking that I could cut a piece to attach to the front in roughly the same shape as an RBS Lip and border it with some rubber tubing. I think I saw something like this on an Impreza post, but just utilizing the rubber material. It may have been garden edging. I don't remember.

Any thoughts on how this might work? Overly ghetto, even if done well?

This looks like a great setup. I usually pull in and get out and check to see how close I am, which is annoying sometimes. I am very cautious about my front lip when parking. I think my main problem is pulling into a high driveways.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

The rubber lip you may be referring to is garage door seal from Home Depot. It is quite soft and a little spongy and I've seen it used on a WRX and a Forester to create a pretty nice looking lower lip. Just attach it directly to the lower edge of the bumper.

This looks like a great setup. I usually pull in and get out and check to see how close I am, which is annoying sometimes. I am very cautious about my front lip when parking. I think my main problem is pulling into a high driveways.

Yeah, I still scrape pulling out of steep driveways, can't help that when you're low. I was looking at adding small casters or a skidplate at the lower edges, but attachment to the chassis is an issue...maybe air bags to lift on command?:lol:

• 1 month later...

Latest installment...moved the monitor from an exposed position on the air vent to replace the vanity mirror on the visor. The vanity mirror had power, so it was an easy hook up.

It's not real pretty, but it works! I forgot my nibbler at home so the inside cuts suck really bad. If I get the energy, I'll make a pattern and have a new plate made at the laser cut place, otherwise, it'll have to do as is:)

Works great, and I haven't hit a parking stop yet!

712036986_VisorCam.thumb.jpg.67d9cc6ee8bdb5a0a9d853db8a3e28a4.jpg

how well does it work at nite? and i must say that is a pretty sweet idea! so if you dont let your wife drive the LGT what do you let her drive? the pantera? lol

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

how well does it work at nite? and i must say that is a pretty sweet idea! so if you dont let your wife drive the LGT what do you let her drive? the pantera? lol

Works great at night...has its own IR illumination.

Pantera is sitting, needs a lot of work since I parked it in the early '80s. The Vette was supposed to be hers, she drove it 300 ft. and said "that's enough":).

Has a new Civic EX, but she now wants a Prius...trying to make up for some the damage to the environment I've done over the past 40+ years.

You could also do what this guy did to his Lexus:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86621&highlight=RMMGS4+steel

thats a pretty slick idea, is that an aftermarket production? or something he fabb'd up?

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

Archived