LegacyGT.com

Alarms

BoxerGT2.5

With the immobilizer it is going to be difficult to steal and unless you have something in mind that will prevent it from being towed, I am not sure what benefit there would be.

Not so much in terms of the car getting stolen. Rather the crap thats inside/trunk. Likewise, the addition of a remote start is nice.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I've been calling around Chicagoland looking for a Subaru dealer to do a remote starter. They all will do it- they have someone 'come in' to the service deptartment to do it. Most charge around $250 for just the starter, and $350-$450 for starter, alarm and all the bells and whistles. Not sure what brand they are using, but I'm sure there is a variety at the different dealers. I've been thinking that having it done at the dealer would avoid any sort of warranty disputes if something turned up wrong with the electrical system or something like that down the road. Maybe that is just wishful thinking, they'll probably make me sign a disclaimer before they install anything aftermarket :( . Any thoughts on who will do the install BoxerGT? Don't you have a 5MT?

Guest *Jedimaster*
Whatb happens if you have a remote starter, hit the button to start the engine, then hit it again- does it grind the flywheel?

• 3 weeks later...
Whatb happens if you have a remote starter, hit the button to start the engine, then hit it again- does it grind the flywheel?

when i had a remote starter installed on my jeep, if you pressed the button to start it, then pressed it again, then it would turn the vehicle off.

Archived