LegacyGT.com

Dash rattle no long an issue.

my baby's dead but No serious injuries thankfully.

I read this and thought, "how can you post on a forum right after losing a child?" Then I kept reading...:spin:.

Sorry for your loss and I'm glad everyone came out ok. You think you'll get another Legacy?

I dont think fox body stangs doors weigh 500 pounds, the whole car is only 3100-3300. The 87 LX only weighed 2800lbs

Hey GURU,

It was an exageration. :spin:

Of course a Mustang door doens't weight 500 pounds but it IS heavier than the average person can lift.

I was just making the point that compared to today's light weight doors it was a complete monster. The outer skin and shell are all STEEL not aluminum or plastic like most cars these days.

It was a complete nightmare. The window motor alone must have been 10 pounds.

Anyways.... the point was that I don't recommend shipping doors anymore. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Insurance valued the car in at 15K.

I forgot to add in the story that I was driving behind my brother who witnessed everything in his rearview mirror. I guess subconsciously i knew he was driving straight which resulted in me looking down slightly longer than I normally would have. At that exact moment the car infront of him was turning left. He went around and I didn't.

I'll always be on these forums whatever my next car may be. Still deciding but it's definately going to be a big downgrade.

Sorry for the loss man. 1st thing 1st and hope that the 15K covers it from the loss and if you have a loan on it.

2nd - Since you said you're at fault, your insurance will be much higher due to pay-outs and and insurace companies don't like claims :spin:.

So what type of down grade car you want to go with?

I saw you mention gas / try to find a car w/ better fuel economy, which really is not much I assume since this Legacy gets around 25mpg in town.

Are you looking at a corolla, scion or echo? Something small? if so, I really don't think it would last. Being in a car like this, your going to want something as comparable. Also this car saved your ARSE. Imagine being in a small car then getting wacked the same way next time.

Well there is always getting the "motorcycle". I done this, didn't work out to well. Crazy mo-fo's around me.

Archived