LegacyGT.com

Dash rattle no long an issue.

Wednesday afternoon was driving....Looked down for 2 seconds and it happened... Never even saw it coming. Rear ended a lady and obviously it's my fault due to lack of attention...my baby's dead but No serious injuries thankfully. We'll see how things go with insurance but most likely i'll no longer be a part of the subaru community. I'll always be checkin up on the site though and i'll have a few things up in classifieds soon. Mourn with me.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/pkay23/untitled.jpg

warteaufmich -

Here, a rear end collision is your fault no matter what preceeded it. You can claim they slammed on brakes, etc, etc, but their answer will be "you shouldn't have been following so closely."

KayGT -

When you're in a hurry to replace it with a non-Subaru, try to remember what kind of car it was that made sure you came out totally unharmed in such a strong collision.

Maybe I just lucked out. My car has never squeaked or rattled. The only irritating thing that's happened is the driver's bun warmer has quit. Other than that it's been a great 3 years.

DAM!

Where in NJ, what road?

Good luck getting everything situated.

route 34 in old bridge...

Glad to read that everyone made it out OK.

Are those the remnants of a JDM Spec.B bumper?

Yes those are the remnants of a beautiful front end...jdm bumper, k2 CF grille, cleared '05 headlights...if you hate me for doing such a thing believe me i hate myself more....I had great plans for my car in the next year and the only thing i'm glad about is that i didn't get more mods done to this point(and obviously that everyone was ok)...I'm depressed because I really loved my car, i was planning to keep it forever making it my project car in a few years and modding it even when i'd be 60 years old.

Dude, sorry about your loss. Don't you have full coverage?

Yes I have full covereage...However being that my car had 95,000 miles I'm guessing i'll get about 10K in reimbursement

When you're in a hurry to replace it with a non-Subaru, try to remember what kind of car it was that made sure you came out totally unharmed in such a strong collision.

I absolutely love subarus. Subaru is such a drivers car and no other car(for that price) gives me that road connection feel. However along with depreciation value and ridiculous gas prices, im really considering a cheap fuel efficient car.

Holy Shiat......

talk about a broken nose :( Glad no one was seriously hurt

Hope things work out so you can stay in a subie

I was looking down when this happened so the airbag blasted me...suprised i don't have a broken nose...besides burning hair off my left arm, my face and everything else was completely fine. Only thing soar the next day was my whole back but that was from doing deadlifts at the gym the morning of the accident. Subaru's are superior in safety because I was going about 40mph to 0mph in a split second and was able to get right out and run over to the lady to make sure she was ok....I'm sure that if these cars weren't designed to completely crumble(in a good way) to cushin the impact, i would have been seriously hurt. I mean people have died at much slower speed collisions but they definately weren't in a subaru.

Daaaaaaaaaaamn! So Sorry :(

What were you looking at? The radio?

Glad you're ok.

I was opening my cd case

:lol: @ at thread title and then what I saw after clicking.

Trying to maintain a positive attitude. Title should have read "longER" for those that couldn't figure it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Insurance valued the car in at 15K.

I forgot to add in the story that I was driving behind my brother who witnessed everything in his rearview mirror. I guess subconsciously i knew he was driving straight which resulted in me looking down slightly longer than I normally would have. At that exact moment the car infront of him was turning left. He went around and I didn't.

I'll always be on these forums whatever my next car may be. Still deciding but it's definately going to be a big downgrade.

Insurance valued the car in at 15K.

I forgot to add in the story that I was driving behind my brother who witnessed everything in his rearview mirror. I guess subconsciously i knew he was driving straight which resulted in me looking down slightly longer than I normally would have. At that exact moment the car infront of him was turning left. He went around and I didn't.

I'll always be on these forums whatever my next car may be. Still deciding but it's definately going to be a big downgrade.

Impreza or Legacy 2.5i FTW!!!!

Since you're ok and you mentioned to watch out for items for sale....

lets get this started...

DIBS on the Yellow Top Optima Battery

oh...one more thing.

Don't ever try to sell a 93 mustang door. They are solid steel and weight about 500 pounds.

I had to build a crate and it was the biggest hastle ever to ship!!!

WOW

Dibs on whatever RIMS you have.... dont' care if the tires are damaged.

(pics please) then we can talk price....

oh wait... insurance will not let you take most parts off...

I bought my buddies car when he totaled his Mustang.

I got the entire car for $600 from the insurance company then I parted it out for about 6 months on ebay. SO MUCH FUN.

Plus my transmission died about 4 weeks later and I had a spare in my front yard ready to go!!!

Saved me about 1500 bucks right there!!!!

Any spare parts your are selling?

Shift boot?

Archived