LegacyGT.com

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S Tires

spect2k

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We just had the biggest snow storm in years in PA and then a rain that caused road flooding everywhere. I just switched from Kuhmo Ecsta's to Pirelli and the difference is night and day dry, wet and with snow. Tire Rack pretty much hits it on the head. They are great all around dry performance tires, very good wet and mediocre in the snow. .

Just a question...I think we traded responses in another post; did you buy the older Pirelli PZero Nero M+S or the new Pirelli PZero Nero All-Season? Two very different tires with similar names.

From the other post, I was under the impression you'd gotten the new All-Season model...but I could be wrong ;)

Tim

Just to clarify, there is a difference between the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S and the Pirelli PZero Nero All-Seasons. They are both all-season tires, but the M&S is the old name for the tire and is no longer made. The tread pattern even looks very different.

Here is a link to the M&S:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero+M%26S

Here is a link to the all-seasons:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero+All+Season

According to tirerack and other tests, the all-seasons are far superior to the m&s

Wish I would have seen this before I bought the M + S two weeks ago. I didn't even see these listed when I was shopping on Tire Rack at that time.

Interesting, they do advertise the All Season as being better in the snow but the test results don't support that. Maybe I am better off with the M and S since I really don't care about snow much anyway?

All Season:

What We Liked: Excellent road manners and balanced handling

(On a Scale of 1 to 10)

What We'd Improve: A small increase in wet traction

Ride Comfort

Conclusion: A very well-mannered High Performance All-Season tire

Noise Comfort

Latest Test Rank: 2nd

Dry Track

Previous Test Rank: 1st (June ’09)

Wet Track

Overall

M&S

What We Liked: Plush ride quality (for an Ultra High Performance All-Season tire)

(On a Scale of 1 to 10)

What We'd Improve: A big increase in wet traction

Ride Comfort

Conclusion: A comfortable tire for drivers who don't emphasize wet traction

Noise Comfort

Latest Test Rank: 4th (August 2008)

Dry Track

Previous Test Rank: 4th (January 2008), 1st (September 2007) 1st (June 2004), 1st (June 2003)

Wet Track

Overall

I don't know. The overall number is misleading. It is more based on your priorities. The all-seasons are a relatively new tire while the M&S have been around since 2002 I believe. The M&S was outperformed by all of the tires that the all-seasons beat. Furthermore, the wet traction of the all-seasons is very appealing to me versus the M&S lack of wet traction. Don't forget that you can always return the tires, you would just be eating the return shipping cost.

I don't know. The overall number is misleading. It is more based on your priorities. The all-seasons are a relatively new tire while the M&S have been around since 2002 I believe. The M&S was outperformed by all of the tires that the all-seasons beat. Furthermore, the wet traction of the all-seasons is very appealing to me versus the M&S lack of wet traction. Don't forget that you can always return the tires, you would just be eating the return shipping cost.

Yep. That's the thing about consumer ratings; they're subjective opinions across all kinds of buyers (both tire savvy and non-savvy) and a slightly lower average rating across an overall higher # of owner surveys is always more accurate statistically than a higher average rating from far fewer owner surveys....which I suspect is the case with the new All Season version since it's....well...."new" :)

Don't forget that you can always return the tires, you would just be eating the return shipping cost.

...well, that and mounting/balancing, too. But at that point, you've pretty much "consumed" any possible savings you might've had by buying the tires online.

Tim

Archived