LegacyGT.com

merchgod is starting to add normally aspirated roms to the enginuity defs. We may soon be able to tune NA cars.

Since enginuity.org is down, the defs have been uploaded here:

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3029

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3030

Notice that only the NA roms that were sent to merchgod have been added. For us, only the 2006 2.5i Outback was included. If you want your rom supported, you need to download your rom and send it to merchgod for disassembly.

merchgod is starting to add normally aspirated roms to the enginuity defs. We may soon be able to tune NA cars.

Since enginuity.org is down, the defs have been uploaded here:

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3029

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3030

Notice that only the NA roms that were sent to merchgod have been added. For us, only the 2006 2.5i Outback was included. If you want your rom supported, you need to download your rom and send it to merchgod for disassembly.

I'm stoked that the 06 Tribeca is now supported :). Hopefully I'll be able to pull a little more power out of what is now an underpowered SUV.

Wow. I completely missed the fact that the Tribeca is on the list.

It'll be interesting to see different tuning strategies on NA cars. IIRC, the low emissions NA cars have a lot of sensors.

Will be looking forward to seeing some Yimi dyno runs.

Wow. I completely missed the fact that the Tribeca is on the list.

It'll be interesting to see different tuning strategies on NA cars. IIRC, the low emissions NA cars have a lot of sensors.

Will be looking forward to seeing some Yimi dyno runs.

Just talked my wife into letting me play with her car. I'll probably have some results next week ;):) I'm not expecting much. There usually isn't that much more power to be found on most NA cars, but if I can wring another 10whp/10wtq out of it, I'll be happy. I'll only be reflashing the car. The wife won't tolerate any noise producing mods, so intake and exhaust mods are out.

This is what I am looking for...

For NA tunning, I couldn't find many tuning options

The only one I know of right now is the P6+harrness from rallitek.

Could you guys give more detail on this "merchgod" ( is it a product or a company???)

Also, after installing the header and CAI, I think I lost a lot of torque with the stock exhaust system.

Do you guys know are there any ways that we can purely improve the HP on NA cars without adding on the volume??? (Don't wanna get embarassed while carpooling w/ my coworkers)

Thanks guys

Register with openecu.org, then check out this thread.

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3031

merchgod is the person who generates the open source ecu defs (I know other people help such as freon and crystalav but merchgod compiles all the data). He is the one who disassembles the roms to determine where all the tables are. On nasioc, his screen name is Tea Cups. He also reads the logic and is the best person to explain it.

I thought the 2005 2.5I OEM engine uses equal length tubular headers? I know I saw it on one of the 2.5I engines. If your stock headers were tubular equal length then you probably downgraded your car with a set of aftermarket headers.

I thought the 2005 2.5I OEM engine uses equal length tubular headers? I know I saw it on one of the 2.5I engines. If your stock headers were tubular equal length then you probably downgraded your car with a set of aftermarket headers.

The '05 2.5i has unequal-length headers. The EL headers started in 2006.

Since I am one of those lucky 05' na fellas, I had the Borla header and Injen CAI so far. And that's also the stage I felt I am stuck.

At least, I got pure 30 mpg on 30 miles daily commute.

A lot of NA guys went for custom build, but I would like to know more detail on "custom" under the goal of improved HP wiuthout ricey noises.

Thanks for any open opinions

The '05 2.5i has unequal-length headers. The EL headers started in 2006.

The 04 engines with pzev had equal length headers also.

The headers were actually borrowed from the 3.0.

O.

regarding the lack of options for my new 2.5i, is what little there is to do worth doing as far as hp gains go? or am i just going to have some loud annoying car that doesnt perform........

You can wring some more ponies from your car, just don't expect it to live up to your screen name;)

This is what I am looking for...

For NA tunning, I couldn't find many tuning options

The only one I know of right now is the P6+harrness from rallitek.

Could you guys give more detail on this "merchgod" ( is it a product or a company???)

Also, after installing the header and CAI, I think I lost a lot of torque with the stock exhaust system.

Do you guys know are there any ways that we can purely improve the HP on NA cars without adding on the volume??? (Don't wanna get embarassed while carpooling w/ my coworkers)

Thanks guys

-----------------------

On my 2001 Subaru Legacy Outback Wagon I did the following.

hollowed out 2/3 cats, installed a universal California Red Turbo Muffler ($175), installed Borla Headers, Custom Fabricated a Cold Air Intake, advanced the timing to max (+2deg I think).

I think I got about 5-7 more HP, I can actually bottom out the speedometer now at 120MPH, and I did get more torque. I have received quite a number of comments from those who ride in my car. Even the dealership (Kunkles of Delmont) was very impressed with how neat everything is. If you look under the car you will never guess I did anything to it because it looks factory (used black Heat paint to paint the entire exhaust). It is a true sleeper.

Next, is a custom made shift kit for the A/T, courtesy of my best friend, mechanic, and owner of Skiffen Enterprises.

I hope this helped. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Stefan "Wolf"

Owner

WEAD

regarding the lack of options for my new 2.5i, is what little there is to do worth doing as far as hp gains go? or am i just going to have some loud annoying car that doesnt perform........
No one seems to know, as they don't do before-and-after performance tests or dyno runs.

Usually decals offer more bang for the buck.:lol:

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived