LegacyGT.com

Official WISLOC Thread

zzztech13

can any of you here in Wisconsin tell me who has a good reputation for repairing our cars or who you had good service from.

The last dealership I brought my car to, for the timing belt replacement, was so incompetent they ordered the wrong o-rings for my water pump which resulting in them not replacing it when they already had everything apart.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can any of you here in Wisconsin tell me who has a good reputation for repairing our cars or who you had good service from.

The last dealership I brought my car to, for the timing belt replacement, was so incompetent they ordered the wrong o-rings for my water pump which resulting in them not replacing it when they already had everything apart.

Bergstrom Subaru in Oshkosh has helped me when I needed them.

• 2 weeks later...

It still snowed pretty hard up until early afternoon here. Was on and off most of the night. GF and I went out for dinner and roads were pretty good on the way there, and shit on the way back again (this is on Hwy 100 in West Allis).

Tried to do some donuts in her IS 250, but the stability control wasn't having it. :lol: Had to Google and find out how to turn it off for next time.

I like it. Don't really drive it a ton, but I have no complaints so far (aside from stability control, hah). It handled driving around yesterday in the snow and crap just fine. While not the fastest thing out there, it holds its own well enough, passing isn't a problem.

Most annoying thing so far is her headlights never stay level -- the right one constantly gets higher than it should. Not really sure why.

It does, but it doesn't seem to matter. And the headlight shouldn't be higher -- the cut offs should be level. It was "fixed" by a Lexus tech once, who pointed them almost straight down. After a second time, they seemed better, but the right one still floated up again at some point.

• 3 months later...
Welcome aboard Mike. I too, live in Wausau. Might see you around.

“Wisdom Is Your Reward for Surviving Your Own Stupidity!”

Present: 2008 Spec.B QSM and 2019 Ascent Limited CWP

Past: '04 WRX Wagon; '98,'02,'05,'11 Outback's

Welcome aboard Mike. I too' date=' live in Wausau. Might see you around.[/quote']

I work with the Wisconsin Woodchucks in the summer time. If you ever want to come out to a game just PM me and I'll have tickets waiting for you at the Will-Call desk. I'd love to see your car and what you've done with it. I'm not mechanically inclined, but would love to talk Subaru's over a game and a beer.

Newish member here. Good to finally find some WI/Milwaukee area folk on here.

For those who were talking about Sommers vs any other area shop, would anyone recommend Schlossman's Subaru City? I've been going to Sommers since Don Jacobs closed its doors and haven't been too happy with their service over the past couple years. Looking at suspension work, tires and, since they now have closed all DOT emissions locations, an emissions test (fun right?). Any other advice for shops would be welcome as well.

Jerry's automotive in Waukesha gets recommended, I have used 2 guys automotive on hwy. 100 and cold spring road....they were great as well and are familiar with the Subaru folks around town. I am actually looking for new shocks/springs and new spark plugs later this year when I tick over 100k on my 05 LGT, and will take it to 2 Guys most likely.