LegacyGT.com

UP install difficulty

smitty69

sissy for wearing gloves, they look like mittens for gods sake. your supposes to work on your car bare handed so you can bust your knuckles, and shout expletives at your car. it makes you more manly, puts hair on you chest and such.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No no no, you use superglue to seal the cuts shut. The duct tape is to make a split for the broken leg you got when the car fell off the jackstands from you yanking on a stuck hub assembly. :lol:

I was joking with my wife that I wanted a Sharper Image tabletop hydroponic garden for Christmas, and she said "Fine - I'll take the uppipe back and get you that." Is she joking about the uppipe? Who knows! All I know is that the install will nearly kill me, right?

-Ryan

When you guys say 2hrs, what kind of gear do you have?

Jack stands, hand and air tools, it took me 90 minutes on my back. I had to jack the motor to get the new one in.

Torque the up pipe to manifold nuts first, then turbo to UP, the the DP.

yeah, have a very good subaru mechanic or a fellow subaru owner put it in for you. Its a long process and there are so many things that can go wrong, just look at my "oil leak after uppipe install" thread. I'm still not completly done with the problems. The uppipe still isnt fitting right even though it is a flex type. We're ready to just gut the stock uppipe and putting that in instead. Should be just as good as aftermarket.

Forget the almost, it is as good as an aftermarket. The main problem is the catted portion not the diameter size. Some WRX owners actually have reported a slight loss in low end power when going to a UP that was too large on the stock turbo.

Archived