LegacyGT.com

Installs in Mass

LegacyGT2007

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how hard is it to do the downpipe? it's the 2-piece catted perrin.

I've never done exhaust work before.

hardest is getting off the bolts from the heat sheid because they usually always just break off.

best thing is attach the 2 pieces together before bolting it up.

but other than that its a piece of cake. i have a perrin sport tone axle back for sale if you wanna match that dp kit.

cool cool. can't wait!

dont know if you have one but sence your doing a dp install you should really invest in a new heat shield there perdy cheep i think like 50...

it would make sence to do it at once and helps open up space

just something to think about

where is the meet going to be at?

381 Old Falmouth Rd

Marstons Mills MA

Moore Automotive unit #12

1) this route is direct but its kinda confuseing when you get to the race lane...go striaght but its on off set intersection so you kinda turbo left then quick right.......but after that its easy next stop sign take a right...then stright threw next and 1/10th'ish mile on the left is the drive way to the building at the bottom of hill take a right and youll see my car at least.....BIG SIGN ON WINDOW.............................

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=4140596607826148369,41.663879,-70.393660&saddr=borne+bridge&daddr=381+Old+Falmouth+Rd+%23+12,+Marstons+Mills,+MA+02648+(Moore+Automotive+Inc)&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=41.727616,-70.772081&sspn=0.985936,1.851196&ie=UTF8&ll=41.678553,-70.391293&spn=0.030835,0.05785&z=14&om=0

2)this way seems eaiser if you dont know the area.......when your on Old Falmouth rd the building is on the right at the top of the big hill....... after you turn into building lot turn right at bottom of hill and its unit 12 youll see my car or other legacys....................

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=4140596607826148369,41.663879,-70.393660&saddr=borne+bridge&daddr=41.680541,-70.402966+to:381+Old+Falmouth+Rd+%23+12,+Marstons+Mills,+MA+02648+(Moore+Automotive+Inc)&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=14&via=1&sll=41.678553,-70.391293&sspn=0.030835,0.05785&ie=UTF8&z=14&om=0

either way ill probally plan on trying to meet a group of people at the dd just before you go over the sagmore bridge like last time.......also i just noticed the directions are from bourne bridge but you can modify them as needed............

dont know if you have one but sence your doing a dp install you should really invest in a new heat shield there perdy cheep i think like 50...

it would make sence to do it at once and helps open up space

just something to think about

oh, i sort of assumed I could reuse the stock heatshield, but, then again, I'm not really sure of how it mounts up. I can get a new one if I really need to, but I would just as soon cut some costs, you know?

hmmm.... i got a boost and air/fuel gauge i was gonna take to Subaru.

I dunno if i can get down to the Cape on the 10th though...

The stealership said they'd do it for $125-150 labor, i dunno if thats even a bad deal or not.

i've never done air/fuel, but putting in a boost gauge isn't too hard. Now where's that walkthrough......?

well, I've never done a cubby install myself, but at some point I intend to put volt and oil pressure gauges in there (I already have the gauges and cubby pod, and I'll shortly have the galley plug adapter I need for the oil pressure gauge). I know it's more involved, since you've gotta take off the glove compartment and go through there, but I suspect it's probably not that bad. Let me know when you want to do that, because we should do both our cars simultaneously.

Yeah, I'm still debating whether I wanna venture this one myself or just let the stealership do them. If I go the DIY route then I'm definitely in though.

All the service guys were ogling over my 2008 when I brought it in for a 15k service (all I got is an intake and a spoiler? :iam:). I had to cut them off at 6:30 (they close at 6:00 ;)) to get out of the door because they wouldn't stop talking to me! :lol:

Pretty mod friendly dealership, and the head tech guy there said they could do it for $125 or $150 tops if it didn't go very easy, so I'm wondering if this might be worth it seeing I didn't end up spending too much on the CP1 and gauges. ($100 total :D) I could walk out of it for $250 tops.... I dunno though, like I said I'm still debating this one.

The guy with the new black WRX is Mike. Very cool guy, and very helpful. He was my actual salesman, and then Adam was the sales manager on duty, so i worked with both when finnagling price. Mike basically sold me my LGT at the gas pump at that Exxon or whatever gas station is right there with Dunks in it. But thats a whole nother story! ;)

But yeah if my father doesnt have his 54 Vette on the lift or something like that I may be able to use it for a day. Let me know when your thinking about doing it and ill see what i can do. :)

Archived