LegacyGT.com

08 - Unplug DRL, Lose High Beam Indicator

Agnt86

I am going to replace all of the lights with HID's.

Highs, Lows and Fogs.

I also want to make it possible to have all three sets of lights on at once.

Currently, when you switch on the high beams, the lows stay on, but the fogs go off. Anyone know how to do this?

I live in deer country, and this year was awful. There were over a dozen car vs. deer accidents on my road within five miles of my house. I want to light the road up likes it's daytime.

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my experience lighting all lights at once could negatively affect your long range vision to see in coming bogeys aka deer. This is why, by lighting up your high beams you cast light the farthest distance down the road, and this will also be the least intense to your eyes because of the distance the light has traveled. Next intense will be your low beams because of the light bouncing almost directly in front of the car. And then your fogs will be the most intense to your eyes because they are lighting up the road directly in front of the car. By replacing your lights with HID lighting you are making the Fog and Low beam much more intense and casting that gained light back into your eyes. This is bad when you are driving on a dark road because your eyes will adjust to the brightest light (Lows + Fogs) and the High beam will be negated because of the difference in intensity of the lights. By having only your high beams on, your eyes can adjust to the intensity of the light better allowing you to see better. Kind of like looking at the stars next to a street lamp, turn off the street lamp and you can see much better. My advice would be to invest in some nice driving lamps and use those along with your high beams.

A good website is http://danielsternlighting.com/ as he can explain this much better than my ramblings.

Archived