LegacyGT.com

BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S

Carter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30,000 miles and they aren't that much louder than new if I remember correctly. They were a little louder than the RE92 when I got them but not that much. Not much tread squirm which is nice. Good tires but only adequate in light snow, imo. Good in the rain but they do plane a bit in deeper puddles at speed. Wear has been good and I should get 40,000 out of them which is all they are rated for.

Sorry, let me explain -- tramlining refers to the side-to-side motion you get typically when driving over grooved pavement. It's very unsettling.

Here's a more eloquent description:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=47

YES. Thanks for posting the link up. It's noticeable in the dry weather I'm located in when speeds >65mph are reached. I'm running these on oem 16" rims.

Previous tires were BS RE950's and BS RE92's. Both sucked. RE950's actually had a loud drone as you decelerate.

• 8 months later...

I just took my car in to get the tires rotated. The manager at discount tire informed me about abnormal wear between the center blocks and the edge blocks. He said I could get 50% off a new set. Bf goodrich knows about the problem.

BFG consumer number: 1800 521 9796

I had to dump my first set of Super Sports right around 30k due to an alignment prob. Had my alignment not been so bad, I should've gotten 40k out of them without too much trouble. I've had the new ones on for about a month now and I'm even happier with this set than the last. It's been rainy as hell here lately and they're as rock solid on wet pavement as they are on dry.

I've had these on my car since July of this year. They have better grip in dry/wet (I have not driven them in snow or icy conditions yet). There is a little more road noise on certain types of roads but it isn't that bad to me. They are much better than the RE92's. The first thing I noticed was the extra grip. When I was taking an off ramp on my way to work I was taking it about 10mph faster than I did on the RE92's without realizing it. I bought them b/c they are made by Michelin and they were available at Costco. Overall I think they are good tires and I like them a lot more than the RE92's.

I am nearing 50,000 miles and soon to be ready to replace my original tires and was looking at some BFG's but may stick with my Yokohama's.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
Super Sports are gone, 22k, bad alignment on one side, then got a nail in the sidewall yesterday, I just got Goodyear Eagle GT's put on today. I have had Goodyear Eagle HR's I think they are on my 67 Mustang for like 6 or 7 years now and theyve been great tires, so I am trying Goodyears again.

FWIW, I bought brand spankin' new BFG Advantage T/A's in November, not a g-Force I know, but a "grand touring" all season with a high treadwear rating (560), V rated. We got 4 inches of snow in December overnight and next morning nothing was plowed. Almost got in an accident on these, though they did OK if you go 15mpg under the speed limit :p Going 50mph (in slushy tracks) in the left lane on the unpaved hiway was doable, but changing lanes was a bit scary. Of course I went 25 in the right and 35 in the middle lanes (like everyone else) before making it to the left. I also got stuck turning around in someone's driveway, couldn't back out, and had to pull in and do a 5 point turn so I could nose my way up the small slope to get back out (sorry stranger)!

The g-Force is more performance oriented and less of an all-season compromise, so I would guess it's not any better in the snow.... then again.. it's a whole different tread design and price range...

Blizzaks go on today. :D

• 1 month later...

I got these tires in the Spring.. Costco.

They started off great.. but have recently become very noisy. I thought it was my rear wheel bearings, and had the dealer check this AM (as the bearings are under extended warranty). They said it was the rear tires starting to scallop - not the bearings at all. Recommended a 4 wheel alignment, which I had done in November and double checked in December (separate issue, the classic LGT strange handling that ended up being due to tire pressure).

Don't think I could have knocked my alignment out so bad to cause scalloping in such a short time, so now I am thinking its my rear struts.. seems to be a common cause for scalloping.

I post because I want to hear how IAHAWK's second batch of g-Forces are.. better, or scalloping, and if so, hows your suspension??

Thanks!

I was debating between the Super Sport and Contiextemecontact dws for a while and went with the contiextemetcontact. I had spoke to the guy at tirerack and he definitely chose the conti over the bfg. But, I probably would have been happy with either.

Archived