LegacyGT.com

BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S

Carter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am curious how nicely these perform since I need to replace my RE960's. The 960's have been great tires (big upgrade from the RE92's in dry, wet, snow) but I got them as part of a special offer two years ago and they are pretty expensive without any discounts. Looking at the BFG SS A/S tires as a more cost effective alternative.

• 1 month later...

I wouldnt ever put bigger tires on a car, smaller, but not bigger. Unless your changing gears to offset the bigger tires. Then, why would one do all that for the same gear ratio?? Bigger tires are really just gaining the slowness!!

I wanted to add too that I have had my BFG supersport a/s on for I think about 6 months now?? and I am still happy with them.

Depending on which 225's he had, he likely just had "+1's". A 225/50 would be virtually the same diamter, but would be about a 1/2" wider or thereabouts. They'd likely have a lot more turn-in, and the sidewalls would want roll over them. That has been my experience anyway. My SVT Contour came stock with 205/55's. I replaced those with 225/50's which were an inch wider and they had good straight line traction but sucked in the corners. The next year they changed the stock tire and put 215/45's on (coincidentally the stock size for our cars) and they totally transformed the car which is what I switched to on my next tire change. Having done all 3, I'll never use anything but the 215/45's on the LGT.

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm not so happy with my g-Force Super Sport A/S tires. I've had them on my car for about 4 months and 5K and they have become really loud tires. They aren't just loud they make that truck tire sound also. Is anyone else having this issue? I personally believe there is something wrong with the tires, but just had them checked out and they said there is nothing wrong with them.(ie cupping) They did contact BFG and they are going to put on a new set of them at no cost. I'm just afraid they are going to do the same thing.

Any one else notice a lot more noise from these compared to the RE92's?

These are the tires on the '05 wagon and they are a bit louder now than they were at first. We never have summer-only tires, so I wouldn't know anything about quiet tires, I guess.

For the price (from Costco) they were damn cheap.

Sadly, I've been noticing increased noise from mine as well. I think they've got about 15k on them now and they still drive great. Overall I'm still very very happy with the performance, but yeah... the noise is more than what I expected. I will say though that I have a friend with the G-Force Sports with the flame pattern tread and they're way worse. :)

i like the tires, i just want the correct size, mpg, and off boost pep back. i had dunlop direzza 101s before. its my baby, im a little picky. :)

every year i switch from 215/45/17 all seasons to 225/45/17 summer tires and every year the mpg and pep are unchanged.

:iam:

at about how many miles did most of u drive on the RE92s before replacing them?

I've seen posts of people getting as much as 60k out of them, but i don't recommend leaving them on for that long. their biggest weakness is wet traction which is bad even at full tread depth and goes down hill fast with mileage. i used mine for a couple winters and got rid of them with lots of tread left. the wet traction was simply horrible. i got some eagle F1 A/S tires which are decent (but not quiet). But i got a really good deal on them and goodyear processed my rebate twice so i can't complain!

Well, I'm not so happy with my g-Force Super Sport A/S tires. I've had them on my car for about 4 months and 5K and they have become really loud tires. They aren't just loud they make that truck tire sound also. Is anyone else having this issue? I personally believe there is something wrong with the tires, but just had them checked out and they said there is nothing wrong with them.(ie cupping) They did contact BFG and they are going to put on a new set of them at no cost. I'm just afraid they are going to do the same thing.

Any one else notice a lot more noise from these compared to the RE92's?

Did you get a new set? How did you deal with BF? I have about 20K on mine and they have become incredibly noisy as well. I have contacted BF but they claim that there is something wrong with my car. In the meantime I do not see any uneven or suspicious wear on tires

Did you get a new set? How did you deal with BF? I have about 20K on mine and they have become incredibly noisy as well. I have contacted BF but they claim that there is something wrong with my car. In the meantime I do not see any uneven or suspicious wear on tires

Not yet. The shop has them on order. The shop is actually the one that contacted BFG. I think he did some sweet talking for me. The only issue is they will only put on another set of BFG's for me. It was either these or the regular super sports.

My situation sounds different than yours. I noticed the noise about a week after they were put on. After about a month I went back to the shop and said something was wrong with them. They looked them over and found nothing. At that time they only made noise on the smoothest roads...weird I know. Now they make noise on any type of road and I only have 5k on them. (3 months later)

I don't know about yours, but these things are stupid loud. Its like I put 34 inch mud bogging tires on the car. It doesn't make sense that this would be normal and a manufacturer would put a tire out like this. I'm thinking its a manufacturing defect.

I put the BFG SS's 215/45zr17's on about 3000 miles ago. Noticed that anything over around 80mph begins getting noisy compared to the RE92's. I'm just hoping they don't get any louder than what they started as. Not so noisy that it's really annoying, but if it does get any louder, it would not be fun.

Just got my car 2 weeks ago, so I don't know how many miles are on the tires. I have Goodyear eagle F1 A/S, that are obscenely loud. It's worse from 25-40 mph, not as bad at highway speeds. Is this common for these tires, or should I have them remounted and balanced? They still have plenty of tread left.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

since these tires dont sound good i was thinkin RE960s but has anybody tried buying them off tire rack size 215/45/17? it gives me a tire load warning saying... "The following tire you have selected has a higher load rating than the vehicle's Original Equipment (O.E.) tires. This typically results in increased ride harshness, which some customers may find undesirable " .... im not sure exactly what that means?

Archived