LegacyGT.com

BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S

Carter

Got these for the wagon from Costco a couple of weeks ago. What psi are you running? I just checked and Costco had mine set in the low 20s but I see the max rating is 50 psi.

low 20s is very low. The car actually feels sluggish when running low psi in the tires.

Anyone know about what the mileage rating for these might be?? I am probably going to be getting some soon but they havent been out long. So I have know idea what mileage to expect, anyone have any ideas??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 2 bent stock rims that Discount Tire didnt notice when i got new tires from them about a couple weeks ago.

So they agreed to buy back the 17" Conti Extreme i bought from them,

so I ordered a new set of MB Boost 18's through them and since the Conti Extreme in size 18" are on back order, I had no choice but to go with these BFG's.

It will all go on my car tomorow, so i hope these will perform as well as the Conti extreme contacts did. (at least in the snow).

I'm running mine at 35 PSI right now. Seems to be a good setup. Had them rotated for the first time yesterday. I think they've got a little over 4k on them now or somewhere along those lines.

As for the question of wear, these tires have a 400 rating, so with consistent rotation you should be able to get 40k out of them without much trouble. I used to run G-Force's on my SVT and with a much lower wear rating I was getting 30k out of them.

Got these for the wagon from Costco a couple of weeks ago. What psi are you running? I just checked and Costco had mine set in the low 20s but I see the max rating is 50 psi.

wow.. costco sells these tires?? How much were they from there?

wow.. costco sells these tires?? How much were they from there?
$455.96 for mount, balance, disposal of old tires, etc at Costco (had to special order, this size is never in stock here, there was a tire sale of $60 off for 4 Michelins that got applied to the special order, don't ya love it?). They've got about 1,500 miles on them so far and I like the ride; they seem quiet on dry pavement but a bit bouncier than the potenzas, which is good for going over the potholes and frost heaves this time of year. They handle pretty well on the twisties with the wagon loaded. Spring snow is usually pretty sloppy.

$455.96 for mount, balance, disposal of old tires, etc at Costco (had to special order, this size is never in stock here, there was a tire sale of $60 off for 4 Michelins that got applied to the special order, don't ya love it?). They've got about 1,500 miles on them so far and I like the ride; they seem quiet on dry pavement but a bit bouncier than the potenzas, which is good for going over the potholes and frost heaves this time of year. They handle pretty well on the twisties with the wagon loaded. Spring snow is usually pretty sloppy.

If you got them for that price that is amazing.. I even went on their website and looked and they had them listed for I think $128.00 a tire. Did you get a special or something?? Cause if you add it up thats like $580 with tax without any mounting, or balancing..

whoops, so I didnt see the 60$ off.. but that still is a lot cheaper.

i got a screw stuck in one of my tires a month ago...got it patched..

just nailed a pot hole the other day and the belt inside the tire separated that the wall...wonderful...same tire thankfully

otherwise, still loving these tires w/ 3k miles on them.

i got a screw stuck in one of my tires a month ago...got it patched..

just nailed a pot hole the other day and the belt inside the tire separated that the wall...wonderful...same tire thankfully

otherwise, still loving these tires w/ 3k miles on them.

ahh that stinks! I hate getting stuff in my tires, In the past 10 years I have had around 5 flat tires, or a tire with a nail or some other device in it. I got my tires in and installed yesterday. I have to say that I am extremely glad I went with these tires. I was debating getting something else, or something cheaper and I am very very glad I didnt, and got these.

Tax? What tax? This is Montana. :lol:

You dont have sales tax in Montana?? are you serious?? I think i know where I will be looking for a job.. ha ha. But then maybe there are other things that are expensive.. i dont know..

Shelled out my first Super Sport this weekend. Took the car to the coast and on the way home the tire(s) got noisy all of a sudden. Pulled over and the front passenger tire was totally flat. Aired it back up and it had a bubble on the inside and outside sidewalls. Threw the spare on and finished the trip. Luckily Discount has them in stock now (had to order them last time) and in 45 minutes I was able to get a brand new tire installed for the cost of a new road hazard certificate ($15). Not sure how it'll all work once the tires have more wear on them. As it stands now, they've only got about 4k miles on them so the diameter is still very close.

Only thing I can figure as far as the failure goes is that I drove the car on a gravel road where the size of the rocks in the gravel is pretty large. I've driven those tires on that road many many times though with no issues, so who knows. It could have been totally unrelated.

Well, the Super Sports are no more. I had them mounted on 18x8 PFF7s and it kept bothering me how the lip of the rim was sticking out about 1/4" from the sidewall. Had the tire shop check it that it was properly seated and swapped for a set of Goodyear F1 A/S -- same size 225/40/18. It's got a huge rim protector and now the tires look right. So far, it seems like the Super Sports had a smoother ride to them.

• 6 months later...
Two sets is too much $$$ for me. We don't have a winter down here to speak of, so if it was my daily driver and not the wife's, I would have gone with the KDW's as well. The standard directionals mind you, not the ones with the flame'esque tread. Have a friend that has those and they're noisy as hell. I used to run the previous KDW's on my SVT and they were awesome. Admittedly though, I think a better all-season performance tire than the Super Sports, would be hard to find.

I just got those like few months ago when I bought my rota rims. I like them thus far, but I don't know until winter hits. I live in Chicago, IL and when it snows, you know how it is. But as for summer and in the crazy rain, I had no problem with them. I would try Costco if you have membership, because I remember seeing them go on sale with the lifetime certificate included, which means free rotations and if they can't fix the flat, then they will give you a new one. I on the other hand, got them from discount tires and they price match from any website to get them to the cheapest.

• 3 weeks later...
finally got mine on. i went with the 225/45-17 becuase the 215 were 8 weeks out. they seem nice, grippy, and quiet but they do appear a bit ballonish and now im paranoid my car isnt as fast and the mpg went down. ive got half mind to call costco and see if they would order the 215s and swap when they come in.. :/

I hope that it is the size that you hate not the tires.

What did you have before? RE92 is not many things but it does provide great milage.

I have Dunlops SP5000 on BBS RK wheels (saabaru wheels). 7" wheels and 225/45R17 tires. They are fine. I get some mpg penalty but ride is unaffected and handling, I swear, is better.

Krzys

Archived