LegacyGT.com

Pontiac G8 wagon

tallguylehigh

They said the VE platform was designed to support an AWD system, so it is possible. But initially I think RWD will be the only choice.

Mate Holden have not even introduced AWD for their cars in Australia yet! Why do you think we buy imported Subaru's.

Holden have improved their cars substantially in the last 3-5 years but as many Aussies will tell you when discussing the Holden Flagship Car - Commodore you are just another Commonwhore Driver, nothing special mate!

Mate Holden have not even introduced AWD for their cars in Australia yet! Why do you think we buy imported Subaru's.

Holden have improved their cars substantially in the last 3-5 years but as many Aussies will tell you when discussing the Holden Flagship Car - Commodore you are just another Commonwhore Driver, nothing special mate!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=116468

"Holden claims its all-new VE Commodore sedan can accommodate an AWD system such as its own CrossTrac drivetrain, but it would appear to have all but ruled out a low-riding all-wheel-drive VE sedan due to lack of demand."

So, as I said, it looks as though AWD is possible for the new VE platform, they haven't done it yet due to lack of demand. That might change when the VE comes to the US and Canada, which tends to have a cooler, snowier climate than Australia.

Dodge will be bumping the 5.7 "hemi" in mid 08 so the magnum will have V8's of 370-380hp & the 6.1 bumped up to around 450hp.

No they won't. The Magnum has been canceled by Chrysler's new management.

If the G8 would have been out when I bought my Legacy, I would of bought a G8. I mean come on, like 375 hp and a six speed in a car that looks just as good as a LGT.. I am amazed that an American car company is doing this.

I wonder how much it will weigh? From the look of it, it will be as big as a Magnum, and while it is on the way back up, GM hardly has the chops right now to load it up with aluminum parts to keep it under 4000 lbs.

In the end, with all that hp going to just the rear wheels, it's still going to be a land whale.

At least it'll come in a manual. That killed the Charger/Magnum for me.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

MT, wagon, lots of power.... :wub:

hard to give up AWD and go with GM....

but hmmm, I like it :)

I couldnt do it.

1. No AWD (I hate RWD)

2. No MT

3. Its GM!

4. Last GM car we had was an Aurora with a Northstar V8. Kind of fast, beautiful sound: COMPLETELY DEAD AT 70,000 miles.

Me likes the styling of it.

Agreed. This is a huge step forward from the hackneyed and so very very tired Gran Prix. So just wait and we'll see the same design in Chevy form, Buick, and since Oldsmobile is gone, Saturn form. And then GM will be back to where there were last year.

Loaded G8 sedan is def. going to be under 4000lb according to Bob Lutz.......

Pardon the extrapolation but the loaded V6 G6 is ~3550lbs... add the V8 and size and 4000 isn't out of the question at all. The GTO is ~3750 out of the box with fewer doors and less goodies than the upcoming G8. I thought that I had found a number on Pontiac's website but I guess I just pulled 4200 out of my...mybad. :redface:

I guess 4000 isn't :lol:... more like :confused:

lol

Archived