LegacyGT.com

Great News! No TPS— No TPS Warning!

rs6er

I just mounted the Tarmac 2s and Blizzak LM-22s I bought off NABISCO a few months ago. They don't have TPSs mounted. I thought I was going to have to live with the warning light all winter, but it didn't go on. Anyone have a different experience? Next question: what pressures are you running in 17" snows?

I hate you already! :spin:

I got a set of 05 rims for my 08 and slapped on some blizzaks. I even got the sensors, but they weren't mounted in time, so now I'm riding around without and my light is on... Fortunately, I hardly notice anymore, but I'll have to get the sensors mounted/configured at some point, or I've got a $200 set of paperweights... heh.

^^^ Yes, the light does not turn on right away. According to the vacation pix, the TPMS receiver won't turn the light on until it hasn't received a signal from the sensors for at least 10 minutes. Some places in there mention driving at least 25mph for 10 minutes, so I'm not sure if the car has to be moving or you can let it idle for 10 minutes to see the light. Either way, there is a delay in the light each time you start the car.

^^^ Yes, the light does not turn on right away. According to the vacation pix, the TPMS receiver won't turn the light on until it hasn't received a signal from the sensors for at least 10 minutes. Some places in there mention driving at least 25mph for 10 minutes, so I'm not sure if the car has to be moving or you can let it idle for 10 minutes to see the light. Either way, there is a delay in the light each time you start the car.

I just went to the deli & back. Haven't driven it 10 minutes. However, my light went on last week with the regular rims when it was 32 degrees in Boston, and it went on right after I started the car in the morning.

It is interesting to hear the varied experiences... It took about 10-15 minutes for it to come on initially for me, but after that, it pretty much comes on the instant I start driving. I wonder if there are different calibrations available...

Acz - from the discussions I've seen, disconnecting the module/sensor under the seat does nothing but turn the light on full time.

The sensors are useless anyway. They give you a false sense of security that your tires are inflated properly. They can still be a few pounds low. They would have helped with my wife's Impreza 2.5I though. She didn't realize she had a nail in her tire. By the time she noticed it was low, the sidewall had bubbled. That's why I've been looking for a very low mileage RE92.

I think that if you can't get it to stop flashing though with a mod, I'd just put a piece of electrical tape over the light until I switch back to my summer wheels/tires.

Do anyone have the Light come on after doing donuts? I did a few donuts, and the light came on after about the 3rd spin, and now wont turn off even though all the tires are at 32 with 2 different and computer accurate gauges. (using toyota's TPMS sensor and computer)

I drove around at 40+ mph and still wont turn off. The yellow light bugs me.

Do anyone have the Light come on after doing donuts? I did a few donuts, and the light came on after about the 3rd spin, and now wont turn off even though all the tires are at 32 with 2 different and computer accurate gauges. (using toyota's TPMS sensor and computer)

I drove around at 40+ mph and still wont turn off. The yellow light bugs me.

Does the light blink or is it on solid?

Archived