LegacyGT.com

0-60 in 4.8 BMW Alpina B7

To start this was not a street race, or any kind of race for that matter, but it was an ass kicking to be sure.:lol:

I was on my way home from my free dealer 9.95 oil change doing about 75 on a country highway and noticed a black 7series coming up the rear ...quickly .......really quickly......supersonic like:eek:. He blew by me doing at least 120. About 2miles later I caught up with him at a stop light. He had a combine and a semi in front of him so I had could see the makings on the rear.

It was a Alpina B7 500hp super charged V8. Man that thing was fast. Once the road was clear he launched past the Farm equiptment, I tried to follow:lol:. It was like I was in a VW:lol:. It was the sickest thing Ive every witnessed, anyway I followed him for a good 15 miles , at one point the 2-lane road turned into 4 and he opened it up, I was moving but he just pulled away like I had staled. It was great!!!! Icaught up with him once we got in town he claimed he was doing 140mph.

Before all the speed kills posts, and how dangerous and stupid it was. I just have to say, his was was the fastest thing I have ever seem up close, and it was fun and if I had died it would have been worth it!!!! lastly, if you ever get a chance to try to follow a 155k BMW DO IT!!!!

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I hit 0-60 in 4.6 today during a 1/4 mile run...... if you believe the datalogger.

After 60, I'd be a speck in the rear view.

I'll bet the 7 series weights at least 1k more then ours too:lol:.

I read a review about the B7 that pointed out it's as fast as an Audi R8 to the quarter mile...and then it starts to pull on the Audi...:spin::spin::spin:

Not so much a match in the twisties, though.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Guest heightsgtltd

Alpina does good things to the whole BMW line.

I've posted threads on here about their 3 series sedans and wagons.

They do a mean version of the 335 as well.

So Alpina is different from their M series. Kinnda like Saleen for mustang

Alpina does good things to the whole BMW line.

I've posted threads on here about their 3 series sedans and wagons.

They do a mean version of the 335 as well.

Guest heightsgtltd
So Alpina is different from their M series. Kinnda like Saleen for mustang

They are a separate company, but are in bed with BMW. You can buy them through BMW dealers in Europe.

Everything Alpina is completely warranteed! That shows you how much faith BMW has in them.

They also do the car top to bottom, exterior to interior.

Archived