LegacyGT.com

clutch

kiyanichenko

This is a really dumb question, but does anyone have a clutch that i can borrow for like 2 weeks? i don't have money for a new one right now so im waiting and i cant drive my car.

I'm sorry dude, but that has to be one of the weirdest and most silly requests I have heard in a while. Even if someone had an old clutch lying around that you could have, the cost of putting it in would hardly make it worthwhile. Even if you were able to do it yourself (not a lot of fun without a lift) I highly doubt the hours spent would be worth it just to drive around for a couple weeks and do it all over again.

well its not TOO dumb, ive done it before but w/ a near new stock clutch.. (on another car) but it was longer than two weeks and i didnt RETURN the clutch back to the owner...

many moons ago i blew my clutch and the new clutch i wanted was on backorder... i figured heck while im in there may as well get a new FW and a new limited slip, i knew it was going to be a while till i had the funds for all the goodies i wanted BUT i did need my car.... soooooooo i asked the fellow members if they had a low milage oem clutch they had kicking around and someone gave me one...

if your getting a new clutch in two weeks id tuff it out and ask a family member to let you borrow a car....

Archived