LegacyGT.com

How will my 5EAT hold up at this rate...

mustang killer

ive had my car since it was brand new and it now has 12k miles. i am wondering how my 5EAT will hold up. ive only launched a couple of times, but i drive the car hard everyday.

ive had a tranny cooler on since 4k miles and ive been stage 2 for about the same amount of time. this christmas i will have an FP Green in and around 350 whp.

i dont see any signs of slippage or anything. i dont think ill ever launch the car again but i certainly will drive it hard daily, so how well do u think it will hold up?

i will eventually get the VB upgrade, but funds are limited because of this turbo swap and the VB upgrade wont happen for at least another 6 months

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you will never have any signs of your transmission starting to slip until it just does. You will need a VB. It will be well worth the insurance of saving your clutch packs hence your transmission.

i agree. however, I believe funds are an issue, so just take it easy on the car, don't be an idiot and "live your life a quarter mile a time" until you can get that tranny beefed up better (VB). i think you'll be fine, but as soon as your hot weather hits again, you're gonna want to get the VB done soon after or right before. remember, heat is what kills!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

mine's still holding up...

let's see... it started its life at stage 2 for ~15k

~300whp for 5k

~345whp for 18k

~400whp for 5k

I get the sense that it is definately taking a beating, but i had a chatter issue that has since been figured out (check your tranny fluid levels people!)

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

i will eventually get the VB upgrade, but funds are limited because of this turbo swap and the VB upgrade wont happen for at least another 6 months

Your tranny will not hold up 350whp without a VB upgrade, look what happen with Wuki's old car. You should be getting the VB before any turbo upgrade...

well, as we all say, you gotta pay to play. so if he wants to wait til it dies, then just let him. :rolleyes: we can start taking a poll on how long we think it'll last before something breaks. LOL

Your tranny will not hold up 350whp without a VB upgrade, look what happen with Wuki's old car. You should be getting the VB before any turbo upgrade...

suuure it can... just don't romp on her and ask for a heavy detune.

gotta pay to play is right with the 5eat, and i've learned a lot messing with it. I don't have the most modded 5eat, but i am up there. The tranny will take a beating to a degree, but don't expect her to last forever. If you can't do the VB upgrade, i'd be hesistant to drive it all out at 350whp.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

i will be doing the VB upgrade this summer which is about 6k-8k miles for me. hopefully the tranny will hold up but i dont see why not? wuki's did. i know its shit now with the new user but it does have 59k without a VB upgrade.

i only have 11k miles on the car and will have about 20k once i get the VB upgrade. im not too worried

i will be doing the VB upgrade this summer which is about 6k-8k miles for me. hopefully the tranny will hold up but i dont see why not? wuki's did. i know its shit now with the new user but it does have 59k without a VB upgrade.

i only have 11k miles on the car and will have about 20k once i get the VB upgrade. im not too worried

see the thing with you MK, is that you're always asking about what you should do. we tell you what you should do and how to keep your tranny alive, but you never listen anyways. so just do what you want to do and when you actually do get around to fixing your car up than, cool. until then, we'll just wait and see what you actually do in the end. :lol:

Archived