LegacyGT.com

Whats The Deal With Subaru Gas Mileage??? What Do You All Get?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow I would friggin love to get 30 MPG. I have a DIY CAI with a green panel filter and I get about 26-27 when I go home for breaks although I average about 70-75 which would bring it down a bit. Lowest was 19 with short trips around town. I am also running 05 wheels which are a tad wider.

What octane you runnin in there?

25-30 depending on how much asshat driving i'm doing

My friend had a '96 sedan (5MT) that got 36 Hwy...until they ran into a bear in it.

I have the 01 GT I get about 22 city and 17-30 highway, It is mostly stock, Bosch 4 platnum plugs, not sure on the brand but the plug wires and coil are all aftermarkt, I run mobil 1 synthetic blend oil, and in the summer she stays in front wheel drive 110,000 on the odometer and still running strong

If you're being towed by a tow truck, not a flatbed, the front wheels won't be able to turn. Disabling the AWD allows the back to freewheel while being towed. It's still better to be towed by a flatbed (doesn't require AWD disable). Refer to your user manual for info on towing.

Ugh, I just filled up and only got 17mpg. And I have a '95 Legacy. :mad:

Even put in some fuel system cleaner, and that didn't help.

It's good I only live 5 miles from work, otherwise I would have traded it in by now. Only paid ~$3300 for the car in Jan '05, so I think we've got our moneys worth.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Damn, did you check your tires, air filter?

I think its mostly the driving we do, only get 22-23 on the '06 Impreza.

The right side tires leak ~5 psi a week. I try to check them at least once a week, but it's a PITA to keep up. And I really don't want to spend ~$400 on new tires when I plan on trading the car in sometime next year. I'm hoping this car gets through one more winter without any major problems. It sucks getting only 17-18 mpg in a slow car. It's not like I floor it all the time, with only 135hp doesn't do much anyways.

Air filter is good, plugs should still be good. Can't think of anything else that needs to be changed.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

well that makes me feel a bit better; to have such a new car get the same mpg I'm getting. I hear ya on the power thing too. It would be nice if we got some decent power outta a car that didn't give great mpg but we get kicked in both departments it seems like. the LGT are not exactly race cars by any means sorry to say ( even though I do love them)

Shut down....lol.....Thats pretty hot. The new ones are pretty nice dont get me wrong. And the new ones are average with its class for hp. Im sure with some engine rebuild work they can be pretty good. But if I had 40 grand to spend on a street race car Im not sure If I would consider a legacy or not. Hands down that is a pretty sexy though.

The lowest I've ever gotten is around 20mpg (traffic) and the highest was 33mpg on a road trip to Colorado. Even then I had to downshift a few times, so I wouldn't be shocked to see 35+ mpg.

Average is about 24mpg.

This is a 2000 Legacy L, 5mt

Was getting EPA in the city around 19, little better on highway depending on speed 26-28.

Now with mods, 16 or so city, 22-25 on highway.

05 LGT.

My favorite LGT race car for obvious reasons:

http://images.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0711_sccp_19_z_+2005_subaru_legacy_gt+interior.jpg

http://images.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0711_sccp_25_z_+2005_subaru_legacy_gt+roll_bar.jpg

http://images.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0711_sccp_13_z_+2005_subaru_legacy_gt+left_rear_view.jpg

I didnt know that... Im glad I do now... I would usually put it in front wheel drive during the summer... I didnt know it was bad for the car...

I don't want to sound condescending, but always read the users manual. Don't read the whole thing (unless very very bored). But it helps to know, esp with how to tow and so on.

Glad we could help you understand the AWD in our car.

Archived