LegacyGT.com

What Oil Change Interval Do You Maintain For Your Turbo Subaru> ?

What is your turbo boxer's OCI?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What is your turbo boxer's OCI?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Them's fightin' words! :lol:

Haha, the civic has really come far. I drove my buddy's Si the other day. IMO it still lacks something special to set it apart from the rest (i.e. a turbo boxer engine w/ AWD). In all honesty though, it is a fun little car... even if it is wrong wheel drive ;)

The new Si's are pretty sweet but you're correct in the fact that the car is missing something. I drove one almost a year ago and wasn't overly impressed and so I decided to buy something else.

I'll change mine at the recommended 3750 mark. I doubt I'll even switch to synthetic. As long as your changing your oil when you're suppose to depending on how you drive......your Subie should be solid.

I'm starting to see some merrit in that strategy.

I originally went with synthetic because of the longish OEM "normal" OCI and still changed the oil before 6k.

It would be interesting to know what kind of service these cars with the plugged banjo bolts were actually seeing. Where they driven immediately upon cold starts? Where thy driven hard before fully warmed up? Where they just driven hard in boost all the time? Where they running dino oil? So many variables.

I'm on my 4th oil change since I've owned the car and my interval is: it depends. For around town / general driving the 3750mi "severe" OCI was too short - the oil looks almost new. I'm switching to a 5k OCI for now and will increase it as warranted. But for towing 2500# continuous from Ohio to Colorado 3750mi wasn't soon enough - the oil was cooked and I burnt through about a quart every 1500mi.
Kyle "BlackHole"

For the OBXT, I started out with the OEM "normal" OCI, and had the dealership do the changes.

For the spec.B, I did the first change at 2k mi and every 3750 since then. I set it up on the Nav service reminder page, and forget about it until the notifier comes up. I just did a change, and the Fumoto valve makes it such a snap. Not a drop of oil on the garage floor, and combined with the "solo cup technique" for the filter, barely any oil on a rag even. I rotated my tires while I had the pan draining. Piece of cake.

Now for the OBXT, I've moved to the OEM "severe" schedule. My wife drives almost as many miles as I do, so the OCIs for the two cars are almost in synch.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Autozone used to carry a full synthetic under the "Coastal" brand name. It met all the latest specs. I think it was produced by Valero. It was a ~$1.50 less per quart than Mobile 1. I ran it in my Infiniti J30t for 100k miles with no problems and no consumption (the VG series engine was/is bulletproof however).

Archived