LegacyGT.com

Whos Down STi SWAP

mr_luv

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The code says that ANY car in Va has to have tint that meets Va regulations.

46.2-1052. Tinting films, signs, decals, and stickers on windshields, etc.; penalties.

1. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the rear side windows or rear window or windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce the total light transmittance of such window to less than 35 percent;

2. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the front side windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce total light transmittance of such window to less than 50 percent;

As an example, lets say that your inspection on your car was expired by 6 months, you have bald tires, and a burned out headlight. Lets say you drive to MD to visit some friends. Because your car is registered in VA, you don't think that you should get any tickets?

Ok gents I was just tring to get some tints done if anyone was interested and BlackRock hasnt giving his blessing on this yet either way so it may not be a go. Lets stay on topic of yes or no if we can do the tint if we can get it done and enjoy if your worried about your laws in your state dont do it, and stay safe from the po po BTW I had 20% and got harrassied all the time. Thats why I am tint less now.
Mr.350

Make sense I will let him know depending on how many people are interested will determin if any tint work will be done. Also who else needs work dont lets get a IDEA of whats instore. I know the swap is 1st on my list and priority I would like to get my studs replaced on the driver side rear and rear brake rotors and pads replaced I also have stering wheel controls that need installing and possibly springs installed on Johns shocks thats my wish list whooweee thats alotta work.

I am fine with it. I should have the garage clean enough to get 2 cars in there. I don't know if we will want to be that squeezed though with all the work going into your car Tommy.
Mr.350

With the right tools and know how it wouldnt be a problem at all.

Would time/man power allow to install springs? I haven't bought any yet because I have no where to do the install, so, if I could do the install there, I would see if I could talk the Mrs. into letting me get them.
Mr.350

Looks like John isnt avalible short notice thing so this is postponed indefinite. Will Keep you gents posted. If someone has a garage feel free to PM me I will be checking during the duration of the day.
Mr.350

Archived