LegacyGT.com

Whos Down STi SWAP

mr_luv

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hard part about trying to schedule something this time of year is that it's the holiday season. It's hard for me to scheudle anything for sure unless it's work or for the imediate family, everything for me is tentative.

Everyone is trying to schedule parties, hang-outs, cleaning the house time... Too much to do and too little time.

+1

The hard part about trying to schedule something this time of year is that it's the holiday season. It's hard for me to scheudle anything for sure unless it's work or for the imediate family, everything for me is tentative.

Everyone is trying to schedule parties, hang-outs, cleaning the house time... Too much to do and too little time.

Mr.350

I've done two of these and have done some subsequent upgrades so I am very familiar with the plumbing and "adjustments" necessary to make everything fit.

I can't physically help you but I PM'd you my cell phone... call with any questions either before or during install... happy to help.

Just my $.02 on man power, you can have 2 maybe 3 people in the engine bay before you are getting in the way of each other. In other words, I wouldn't worry if all 7 people show up. The extra man power comes in handy putting on springs etc. while a few people tackle the swap.

Good luck!

I've done two of these and have done some subsequent upgrades so I am very familiar with the plumbing and "adjustments" necessary to make everything fit.

I can't physically help you but I PM'd you my cell phone... call with any questions either before or during install... happy to help.

Just my $.02 on man power, you can have 2 maybe 3 people in the engine bay before you are getting in the way of each other. In other words, I wouldn't worry if all 7 people show up. The extra man power comes in handy putting on springs etc. while a few people tackle the swap.

Good luck!

+1 the rest can help me with the avo actuator instal :)

Good luck!

what he said.... ;) i was one of those installs. had 3 to 4 people and it was CRAMMED. too many hands in the pot! get someone who'd knowledgeable about these cars too. I still have my tech go over it all and he ended up redoing everything we did, re-running hoses and such. I had the oil return line backwards on the turbo (oops) and a few other things I'd over looked. Took us a good 16 hrs + to finish it, and with the bad maps, turned into about a month (also due to the VB upgrade). Had that in the shop getting done while we did an STI swap on our buddy's FXT that same day/afternoon. Lots of pics in the install threads, and I did get plenty of pics from when we did mine.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived