LegacyGT.com

Whos Down STi SWAP

mr_luv

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for the late reply guys. Saturday is no good for me (wedding), Sunday is a maybe at best. The problem is the next weekend is Thanksgiving weekend and I will be in SC visiting the folks. The first week (2nd-9th I think) of December, the wifey is going to Vegas with the baby to visit her parents. I would be WIDE open then. Timing might suck for everyone else though. I will look hard at this sunday but am luke warm at best. Let you know by tomorrow.

Alright, this sunday is no good for me. Relatives in town for the saturday wedding will be visiting. As stated previously, I have the run of the place the weekend of the 8th/9th of December as my wife will be out of town all week with the baby. If that works for you guys it is fine with me. Plus it will give me some time to get organized/clean the garage up. Let me know.

Tommy, I guess we should do Saturday in case it spills over to Sunday and you have to leave the car. For everyone else, we can make it a install and "spirited drive" day. I can map out some good roads to drive up this way and we can go for a little run. The more the merrier. Plenty of parking in front of my townhouse.

Wooohooo I like that last run it was great, your car felt faster then mines that last time, after this build up is dont right hopefully I will get a really good solid tune. Still got those springs and struts Merc6 and I are going to split them I have JDM pinks & ibachs for them.
Mr.350

Tommy, if you still want the struts and springs, they are yours. Anyone coming who is comfortable with blacking out the headlights? I REALLY want to do my headlights. Also, tommy if you have any "inexpensive" HID's lying around, maybe we can swap parts and I will just give you the struts and springs. I also have Kartboy endlinks I am not using. Let me know!

Its not tomorrow your safe.

Just chiming in guys, I had some misfortune last night in DC (got into an accident and my car isn't driveable) If there are any VA guys that are heading up to John's in the morning I could definitely use a ride. Let me know.

Matt

Mr.350

^ yeh man had an accident in DC....little depressed about it right now to be honest.....nobody was hurt....it was my fault....I took a left off of North Capital (leaving FUR nightclub) onto New York Avenue, there are two stop lights and I didn't pay attention to the second for whatever reason.....just ran right into the front left corner of an older Honda Accord (got a couple tickets, failure to obey a stop light and a ticket for colliding?)

I wasn't drinking or anything.....the car is effed up....gonna need a new bumper, grill, hood, left and right fenders and other crap under the hood. I was really lucky that it didn't bust up my HIDs or the AEM CAI. The car won't start though. I had it towed to my house last night.

On a positive note, I have been talking to A.K Malone at Farrish Subaru in Fairfax about getting it fixed. I have progressive insurance with a 500 deductible. Looking into replacing with JDM Spec B front bumper and JDM Spec B grill. I will definitely keep you guys updated with the repairs....The tow truck is coming on Monday to take to Farrish Subaru.

For now, my rental a Chevy Cobalt 4 door, NO automatic locks, roll up windows, and NO keyless entry...FTL

^ I don't think insurance will really be able to have a say, because it will be Subaru buying Subaru parts and the OEM bumper kit is actually around the same price as the JDM Spec B bumper kit (with the exception of the shipping costs)

They will do there estimate, but so will Farrish Subaru. All I owe is the deductible of $500.

Again I will like to add as I said B4 Matt Farish maybe cool but they want you to get there stuff IE may not be willing to do the leg work for JDM parts so if you can get the check made out to you sit on the money and order the parts you want and if possible cheaper from say King of Parts Jackie at annapolis or that other place in seattle just a suggestion to get you car back the way you want it!

^ I don't think insurance will really be able to have a say, because it will be Subaru buying Subaru parts and the OEM bumper kit is actually around the same price as the JDM Spec B bumper kit (with the exception of the shipping costs)

They will do there estimate, but so will Farrish Subaru. All I owe is the deductible of $500.

Mr.350

We are doing the weekend of the 8th/9th. We will get things started Saturday a.m. I guess around 10? I will put up directions in the next week. I am in Clarksburg, MD. Off of 270 between Father Hurley exit and Hyattstown. 20 minutes from Rockville, 20 minutes from Frederick. I would like to have a solid headcount beforehand to make sure I can accommodate everyone.

1. Tommy (Mr Luv)

2. John (BlackRock)

We are doing the weekend of the 8th/9th. We will get things started Saturday a.m. I guess around 10? I will put up directions in the next week. I am in Clarksburg, MD. Off of 270 between Father Hurley exit and Hyattstown. 20 minutes from Rockville, 20 minutes from Frederick. I would like to have a solid headcount beforehand to make sure I can accommodate everyone.

1. Tommy (Mr Luv)

2. John (BlackRock)

3. Matt (hutru01)

Archived