LegacyGT.com

End of October-My Bad Luck Streak

Hanger

The story all started and i believe all the bad luck was originated to this 1 used 93 Accord EX sedan...

On 10-15-07

My friend Tim had just sourced a great used car deal on Craiglist. He asked me to drive him to check out the car and buying it. The car was in great condition, clean carfax, although at 168k car still runs pretty smooth, 2 month old Bridgestone tire, the car was a steal! The owner of the car was very eager to get rid of it even gave Tim another $100 discount, making her look insane to give this car away. (At least i thought so at the moment...)

They filled out the necessary paperworks, seller provided for the new registration and new plate, making Tim the new happy owner of this DD to drive besides his WRX.

What we don't know is, we might've just brougt some bad spirits upon us...

My Side of Story

10-15-07 On the way back home...

1. ME: Blown tire on the freeway.(DF)

• Metal pipe laid across two left fast lanes, impact at 75mpg

• Waited 3 days to warranty my tire with America's Tire, rented Camry for 2 days

10-18-07

2. Discovered 1 nail in my DR tire

• Got my DF tire replacement under warranty, DR tire plugged and fixed 2 days later.

10-20-07

3. Discovered replaced tire for DF was mounted in the wrong directions! :mad: (showed up pissed at nearby America's Tire location)

10-23-07

4. Driver side HID bulb went out, will need to get new set.

10-25-07

5. Discovered DF Wheel bearing failing, got replacement under warranty

10-27-07

6. Discovered ANOTHER nail in DR tire, tire was at 0 psi after running some errands.

• Patched and plugged, deemed unfixable by the shop (JC Auto, pretty famous for their work in Socal)

• Today 10-28-07, Sunday, America's Tire is not opened. Will need to call in Monday and see if they can fix the tire or replacement it as well. Normally takes 2-3 days for order to come in if they don't have it in stock.

Now i'm carless again for 2-3 days again.

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Tim's Side of Story

1. Tim driving to Accord to work and got sandwiched in a construction zone.

• Driving w/o insurance because just had the car for 3 days.

2. That same day, Tim was gonna sell the car for $1300 and after the accident he loose money by selling the car for $1000

3. The guy who bought Tim's bad luck accord was driving w/o license and was put in jail. (Driving to junk yard to look for headlights to replace the bad one from the accident, got pulled over on the way)

5. The accord was tow to impound and the release is $500 which new owner gotta pay.

6. AND TODAY 10-28-07, Tim just got rearended in his WRX

• Bumper needs to be replaced, exhaust is bent and now it’s been to close to the heat shield and will hit it when there is movement on exhaust system.

○ ○ ○

Hmmmm.... took a set of wheels from a friend who has a Corolla, it's 10 holes with both 5x100 and 5x114.3 bolt patterns. 18x7.5 et 42

With balding Yokohoma tires, i was going to the shop this morning to remount a set of 18 inch Kumho tires in my garage. Before i leave from home, i decided to test fit and see if it'll fit.

The bolt pattern is correct, but for some reasons either the holes are too long, or our bolts is too short, none of my lug nut works. The lug nuts fits and fills and hole and the socket can't reach the lugs...

(Tried stock 19mm lugs, Muteki lugs, and 21mm Work lugs, i will not be able to tighten them because the socket won't fit)

So i hitched a ride from my mom this morning to work....

○ ○ ○

Luck runs in streaks, both good luck and bad...

Bad luck usually happens in three's but you and the people close to you seem to have stocked up for years and are blowing all your bad luck at once! I'm sorry.:redface:

Luck runs in streaks, both good luck and bad...

Bad luck usually happens in three's but you and the people close to you seem to have stocked up for years and are blowing all your bad luck at once! I'm sorry.:redface:

lol other people told me that too, i felt relieved when i got the 3rd one... but it just kept on coming :eek:

○ ○ ○

^^^^

That IS bad luck running in three's.

i'm sorry. But the silly bitch could have been avoided in hindsight eh?

I am very sorry for your dog and your dad. two great things in life that we cannot get back once over.:redface:

hanger dude i feel ya, october sucked for me too.

2 weeks ago my car got like side swiped / damage to front passenger bumper as if they were turning. my car was parked and it was a hit n run in a parking lot at my work.

got that fixed had a week of down time, paid $500 deductible to insurance.

3 days later, i guess somebody backed up into my bumper and left 3 noticeable scratches but no dents =[

so now im thinking bout ordering my JDM bumper that i've been holding off on. cuz i was saving for a tat =]

Archived