LegacyGT.com

Pink Springs and other mods - My Opinions (long post)

MotoFanatic

Well, it's been somewhat of a busy weekend. Completed four mods (with some help). I'll leave the biggy for last. They are: (FYI I've got a black LGT sedan) 1) Totally debadged the tail. Looks very clean. I was hesitant about how it would look but now I'm glad I did. 2) Disabled DRL (daytime running lights) - I got tired of forgetting to turn the lights on when driving out of the garage at night. The reflection off the garage wall always made me think the lights were on. 3) Disabled that d@mn seat belt chime. I always wear my seat belt but whenever I put a new set of CD's in the car (which is once a week), the chime always comes on and makes it an annoying experience. 4) Now the biggy. Pink Springs. Overall, I think they're great. The handling has improved. I was hoping the car would be tighter but at the same time glad it isn't because it still has a luxurious feel. The most impressive part is the stance. Overall, very nice and very happy. But even more impressive than the springs is the service I got from Myles from RaceComp Engineering and Xenonk (aka Keefe - sorry, Keefe, I kept calling you Keith). Myles got me the parts and kept me in the loop the whole way. He even provided entertainment while Keefe performed the 3 hour intall. I will definitely buy more parts from this man. Keefe. Wow! What a great person to meet. The car was impressive but the man was even more impressive. Took time to talk with me and allowed me to check out THE car. Very knowledgeable. The installation of the springs themselves was very neat. Everything was put back together like it was originally. Even took the time to torque the wheels on like it was his own car. Next will be rims and exhaust and I'll be done! Can't wait. Thanks to everyone here on the board, Myles, and Xenonk. You guys made all these mods possible.

Haven't gotten an alignment yet but will in the upcoming week. I wanted to let the springs settle first. You all are probably right that it will make a significant difference but I'm also coming from a vehicle that was equipped with Eibach springs and Tokico shocks. That was tight.

eibach springs and tokico shocks tight? I guess... try intrax springs and tokico shocks... the suspension was so stiff the front core support spot welds broke on my 91 mr2 durring an autox... there is no such thing as understeer in that car, the turn in is ungodly...

Here is a pic of the car lowered. Sorry, pic isn't very good and car is dirty. Haven't had much time to do much of anything with the holiday season here. Let's just say the stance is very impressive.

I did get the car aligned and noticed a slight improvement in the handling but it feels like it's getting stiffer over time as the springs settle in. Maybe it's a psychological thing. :) But the handling does seem to get better!

The pink springs are well worth the money. Thanks again to both Myles and Keefe for their great customer service. You can tell they love what they do and that's what makes the buying/installation experience great!!

I hope to be getting rims soon!! (cross your fingers). Once those go on, I'm sure I'll post new pics. And the car might even be washed! :)

-Moto

post.JPG.7037d319024d59f42d70eeec7a6bd5e3.JPG

[quote name='sube151']How did you disable the DRL's?? I cant find the bloody relay![/QUOTE] look right underneith the dash behind the stearing column. Look for the WHITE PLUG. It kinda sticks out amongs the wires. Its about 2 1/2 inches long. UN-Plug it and your golden.

I just got Pinks on my STi and absolutely love them!!! They actually iproved the ride comfort of the car. I might seriously hook up some Pinks for the Leg. What happened to the ride comfort with the Pinks? Did it get real "bumpity, bumptity" or stay pretty smooth?

[quote name='MotoFanatic']The ride is definitely nicer around the corners. It's not really "bumpity bumpity". Just less bounce. :) Hey Myles! Did you check out the new rims?? [url="http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6523"]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6523[/url][/QUOTE] very nice......I am so glad you took that pin stirpe off.................:lol: It tooks very nice with the pinks tucked under there......and the black ........NICE !! mw

Archived