LegacyGT.com

Does Belt Chime Disable Really Work?

[quote name='Xenonk']same here.. I am thinking it's the cold.. my car started harsh this morning.. my thought that I drained the battery during a cold crank just enough for the chime to reset and kick back in. Oh well, another 20 to 30 clicks to do later tonight. Keefe[/QUOTE] This sounds about right to me as well. Yesterday, -2 F outside, really harsh crank to start it up. And ding, ding, ding...... It was back.:mad:

I really think it's CCA battery issue.. it's taking a lot to turn over the engine and taking away the charge needed to keep the chime warning signal off. Did your car studdering or had a hard time cranking Monday morning at 0 F? Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='kinddog']I've tried it at least 10 times... to the letter of all the instructions. NOTHING. it's enough to drive a man insane.[/QUOTE] It took me several tries. What finally worked on for me was following the tip to count each time I removed the buckle. I had previously been counting each time I inserted the buckle (I'm a guy, what can I say?). Worked the first time using that strategy. I think you just have to pick your mojo and believe....;)

[quote name='Xenonk']I really think it's CCA battery issue.. it's taking a lot to turn over the engine and taking away the charge needed to keep the chime warning signal off. Did your car studdering or had a hard time cranking Monday morning at 0 F? Keefe[/QUOTE] I'm tending to lean in this direction also...I think the CCA's are the issue....when you crank the starter, the code for the omit of alarm resets.....

• 1 year later...
Worked for me after four or five tries. I was about to give up but I really don't have much to do with my time so sitting there plunging my belt in and out of the buckle for minutes on end seemed ok in a way. AND IT FINALLY WORKED. Made my weekend. Every day so far, I leave it unbuckled for a minute, just to listen to it not chirp. BTW, it does chirp 5-6 times, then stops. That is fine by me.

first try for me....best mod evAr!

did you guys see the trick to disabling traction control on the new lexuseseses? makes the seatbelt trick seem easy. and you have to do it every time you start the car in the lexus.

. I like the chime for passagners who don't like seat belts because it drives them mad until they put it on.

- Mike

I agree. I have friends who never wear their belts and it drives me nuts, but when they get in my car they know to put it on or deal with the chime.

i initially disabled it. then the stealership disconnected my battery and I have been unable to get it to turn off since. oh well

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I've disabled three loaner car chimes at my dealer while my car has been in (now for the fourth time) the shop. 2 Foresters and one Outback. It was difficult for me not to go and unplug the DRL's. I don't think others should have to suffer.

This is not my beautiful car.

Not to 'chime' in on this old thread, but mine came back suddenly last week after probably 10 months of being disabled!! WTF? Time to pull out the cheat-sheet I made myself way back when and get it shut off~

well I'll throw in my 2 cents FWIW. This worked for me: turned key on, right hand held the button to unlatch the belt and inserted the buckle for 30 seconds as rapidly as possible. At a count of 30 I turned the key off and haven't heard a chime since. I didn't count the times I did the buckle unbuckle trick, but I get no chime ever, not when I put the key in, or unbuckle while driving, ever. I was told the sensor was at the bottom of the the latch and it didn't matter if the button was held down.

• 6 months later...

Archived