LegacyGT.com

Lightening the Legacy?

Yeah +1 john, weight savings can get retarded if you go crazy. I don't think the legacy is supposed to be super light, get an old wrx and strip it out. There's no point in driving a legacy over an impreza if you want a stripped out car. The Legacy is supposed to be comfortable. This thread reminds me of the top gear episode from this last season where James May drives a stripped out aston martin race car on a road trip, puts a realistic perspective on driving a a stripped out car.:lol:

anyone that is bored and wants to see them, watch this video and the other parts following it to enjoy it yourself, its great. Type in "Top Gear Season 10 Episode 1" on youtube and enjoy.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My KW2s lost 9 lbs a piece for the front, and 1.5 a piece for the rears, so there is 21 lbs.

My KW2 review

My AP BBK lost 7 lbs per caliper and 3 lbs per rotor, so that is another 20 lbs.

My AP racing BBK review

41 lbs and better performance to boot. Not to mention that the weight is of the suspension and some of it is unsprung.:wub:

^^ I had a feeling lil' blue would be chiming in.

Switching to the aluminum components saved me ~12lbs (6/side) in the rear suspension, and only ~3lbs (1.5/side) on the front.

Between wheels, c/o's, lightweight BBK, and AL components, you might be able to get ~80lbs off the car. You will see a much bigger improvement due to the unsprung portion of that mass, rather than the overall weight reduction... but that doesn't hurt either, especially with the other intrinsic benefits of the components.

• 1 month later...
I removed my spare tire assembly, weight about 43lbs, I swapped STI Front and Rear seats. Front one weights about the same, I kept the front seats airbags they are like 2 lbs each, one per seat, so not much weight I can save. The stock rear seat is heavier than the STI rear. I save about 10 lbs by swapping to STI rear seats. Also I fill up to ony half tank gas. It's like 7 gal, I save another 35-40 lbs. Next week I will get Buddy club light weight battery to shave another 10 to 15 lbs. Itll be nicer if I can make a quick release for the pass side seat, it's like 40 lbs.

If you use Odyssey PC545 battery I think you can save more 15lbs. I used it on my 350z for 5 years, and the difference with stock was 23 lbs !

It was single most effective upgrade in terms of $/lbs ratio!

The only problem was I once run out of power in 0F temperatures, so I start switching back to stock in winter.

I removed my spare tire assembly, weight about 43lbs, I swapped STI Front and Rear seats. Front one weights about the same, I kept the front seats airbags they are like 2 lbs each, one per seat, so not much weight I can save. The stock rear seat is heavier than the STI rear. I save about 10 lbs by swapping to STI rear seats. Also I fill up to ony half tank gas. It's like 7 gal, I save another 35-40 lbs. Next week I will get Buddy club light weight battery to shave another 10 to 15 lbs. Itll be nicer if I can make a quick release for the pass side seat, it's like 40 lbs.

Where did you get STI seats? Did they just fit perfectly, including front electircal connections?

Archived