LegacyGT.com

Amazing new HID extra lights

erito

New Swedish invention to be announced 30oct.

HID lights synchronized with high beam. No drawbacks as 'regular' extra lights as modifications to exterior, and all negative with having your lights outside the car and low placed. These are placed high and with new reflectors which have 2x35w xenon lights (HID).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtnldTZDwYU]YouTube - Rayzer by Visualeyes[/ame]

:)

They light up the road :)

Placed inside between the rearview mirror and the front windshield. Can easily be moved to another vehicle without any modifications.

It solves the problem with 'regular' lights which are placed on the outside of the car. Like Bosch BigKnicks outside = Wind, dirt, ugly, etc.

These seem sweet...

Ehh.. there is no other product like this. I have seen it 'live' and it is awsome.

These are lighting the road from inside.

* radio controlled unit, no need for cables more than 12v

* transparent for the driver, located behind the rearview mirror

* adjust beam on the fly

* no cracked lights

* no extra fuel consumption

* you have to open the car to steal them

* high mount mean great beam

* portable from car to car

* safety regulations about what is leagal to mount on your bumper not affected

Me too had doubts about it, but not anymore :)

If you have the possibility to go to Las Vegas SEMA and check it out, you should.

I'm skeptical. I'm not sure about US DOT legality since it's an auxiliary light and you are only allowed 4 forward facing lights on at most. I'm not sure where "fuel consumption" goes into account. How do you have to open the car? It looks as if since they are portable they can be easily removed from the exterior of the car. Also, high mount has little to do with any beam pattern. That is completely arbitrary. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I just have questions.

no i know youre not a jerk, and questions are allowed. I guess best is to wait and see when they are here on the market. I just love it right now because they are placed inside the car...

Low placed like those ramp under license plate just give flood light close to the car and is imho worthless and worse than without. These i like.

Test show that they do not heat up the cabin noticeably (is that the right word?? :D )

2x35w does not produce much heat.

Early problem with lights used in very cold weather (-30 C) was condensation. But that too is solved now.

lol, yes it does look a bit like a speeding locomotive :)

No it is not my invention/product, but i will be one of the pilot-testers which get the first delivery.

I'll let you know later and post some pictures/info.

erito, I like the specs on this new aux light system and the fact that its mounted inside the car and pretty stealthy and does not disturb the exterior lines. I could see putting one on my car. Keep us posted.

This might be a nice alternative to HID or better lighting for your car. I think some including myself might be concerned with having this along with all the other crap on the dash (satelite radio, radar detector, gps & E-Z Pass).
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I'm skeptical. I'm not sure about US DOT legality since it's an auxiliary light and you are only allowed 4 forward facing lights on at most.

when you turn on your high beams, your fog lights go out... i do however doubt they would be approved by DOT for use on the road as they are placed soo high, its actually illegal to drive with aux lights (rally lights) on the road without covers making their use impossible.

http://images.autoanything.com/images/products/med/lights/kchilites_soft_vinyl_round_cover.jpg

Yes most aux lights would be illegal for on road use but that would not stop folks from using them anyway. I've had aux lights on different vehicles I've owned from fogs to driving lights as well as KC passing lights and have never been hassled for not having covers on them.

The KC passing lights were great for use on the back roads in NH and ME as well as off road. Don't think they make them anymore. But they were a kick at the time mounted on my Ramsey winch mount on my S-10 blazer.

I don't think this US DOT legality will be a problem (at least not for me in Sweden :) )since that rule is for exterior aux lights and these are placed inside the car. But we will see what happens. Anyway, product world premiere on SEMA Las Vegas. Company name is Visualeyes. Product name Rayzer.

The movie show a prototype wich is way bigger and uglier than the product :)

Think slim binoculars with good reflector HID lights....

I'll keep you posted and some images will show up with my car+Rayzer around 15th dec.

Just installed 55W 9007-type hi / lo HID's in my Sube and cannot begin to describe the light "blanket" in front of the car! 4300k bulbs so they don't look "weird" - just INSANELY BRIGHT!!!!

Can e-a-s-i-l-y see to drive 75-80 mph in dead-darkness and was able to illuminate an overhead Interstate sign from 1/2 mile away on "hi"(My wife spotted it and I "odometered" it and it was a tad over 1/2 mile!)

The entire HID element moves in-and out with an electrical solenoid - not up-and-down like the cheapos on ebay - and it PERFECTLY mimics the two-element 9007 bulb ... except it's FULL bright on both lo AND hi!

Here ya go ............

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=336

Rgds,

(Don't need no extra lights!!!!)

9007 ? Which car is that?

My -06 Outback has H7 for dipped beam and 9005 for full beam. No 9007

My Sube is an older GT estate wagon - lucky that I have a dual-filament bulb (the 9007) so can get one of these HID systems to function on both circuits.

Normally, HID bulbs aren't recommended for "hi" beams; just the "dipped" or "lo" beams as the "hi" beams are normally used for flashing or short periods of light-on time and that's very stressful on the high voltage ballasts needed to ignite the HID gas tubes.

Note: Everything (fog lights clicking off as "hi" beams come on, etc., etc.,) functions EXACTLY as when the car was brand new - it's just that these 55W HID's are the most spectacular night lights I have ever seen in my life!!!!!

For an H7 bulb, see this - again: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=336

From this link, you can select an H7 bulb, the "temperature" or colour of the light (I suggest 4300K - PURE white!), then type of warranty (I suggest a "lifetime" selection) and the type of wiring harness or interface. I have the standard "plug-and-play" harness and it works perfectly. Some cars - not Subaru I am told - require re-wiring or electrical connections directly to the battery circuit to keep from over-heating the factory headlight wires.

"Erito", these are very, VERY similar to the lighting used on racing cars such as those in the 24 Hours of Le Mans! They are "crazy bright"!!! They ARE NOT U.S. DOT (Department of Transportation) approved. I'm sure they would "raise eyebrows" in Europe as well as there appears to be NO mention of an E-Code approval either.

However, I believe most people have problem with their modified (brighter) headlights and the police because their headlights are not aimed properly.

I have re-aimed my headlamps PRECISELY to a point just slightly above USA DOT specifications - well above that of the E-Code aiming numbers - and have not had ONE on-coming driver "flash" me.

The horizontal cut-off marker for USA DOT spec "lo beam" lens aiming is 2.1 inches (5.33cm) below "dead-level; the E-Code calls for this horizontal cut-off "line" to be at 3 inches (7.62cm) below perfect-level. I am slightly out-of-DOT-code at 2 inches (5.1cm) "on the money" and they appear to be PERFECTLY aimed for both maximum distance and not affecting drivers in the opposite direction.

Rgds,

Archived