LegacyGT.com

Legacy Gt in SPeed GT..................?

RaceComp Engineering

After studying the Audi RS6 build at 6 of the ALMS races this year, I really do think a Legacy Gt would be a phenomenal starting point for a GT car. Yes as I zip up my Nomex suit( flamed) it would cost money, thats not the point. The point is, as in most of motorsports, it could be done. Longer wheel base than the Impret-za would help get the 500hp it would need to make, down to the ground. A 3.0 liter block could be used with a very nice turbo, and a array of all the toppings. 14inch 6 pot brakes, Ap pedals, Ohlins , Moton, or Zeal dampers, 6 speed dog box trans, an extensive cage, Recaro Hans seat, very wide 18x12 Fikse wheels with 335/30-18 Toyo RA-1s, Crawford rear wing, Willians belts, and very aggressive fender flares like the RS6 Racecar has. Just a thought.

I'm 100% with you on this, Subaru should use all that USA-Rally money they aren't spending anymore and jump into World Challenge. It's the best racing out there. Even if they went with a built N/A 3.0 it would be sweet!

I agree, basically. What I would really like to see is a JGTC Legacy GT instead of the Cusco Impreza - as good as they can do with the Impreza, the longer wheelbase and vastly better aerodynamics of the Legacy would make it far more competitive as a base, IMHO. When I was at Fuji Speedway's short circuit, I was hauling down much quicker cars in terms of horsepower and gearing when we got to the straight, short as it was, because I had much, much better aerodynamics than them. And the base suspension design is far better suited for tarmac than the Impreza (though it is the other way around for dirt...). Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='RaceComp Engineering']Paul, I sent you a couple of e-mails,..did you get them, or am I sending them to the wrong e-mail?... Myles[/QUOTE] Hmmm - I sent back replies, but from my portable computer. It has been having some problems with sending - I think the results of a security-obsessed SE. :( I'll resend from the office computer, now that I am here. Cheers, Paul Hansen

This is a subject I will probably touch on more and more as next racing season plays out here in Japan. I honestly believe that the Legacy platform is going to be more competitive in tarmac racing events than the Impreza platform, but with everybody focused on the STi as *the* racing platform for Subaru, they have not given the same level of investment and attention to the Legacy. It is a vicious circle. People claim that the Legacy is not as capable as the Impreza because they've never seen a fast Legacy, and so will not invest the money to see if a Legacy is as fast as an Impreza. A self-fulfilling prophecy. There was a previous generation Legacy that had a basic transplant of an entire STi drivetrain including 6-speed, I believe, that was only a second or so off the fast STi times at the Tsukuba time attack contest. I would like to see the same done with a new Legacy body as well. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

I'm inclined to agree that the Legacy is probably better suited for tarmac than the Impreza platform...the multilink rear is a prime example of this. That said, I have yet to take my Legacy through a dirt trail but I may have a opportunity in the no so distant future..

Archived