LegacyGT.com

License plate LEDs

pathfin9

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im at work, so no pics at the moment. Pop the trunk, undo the clips that hold onto the carpet at the top of the trunk's carpet lining, and the 2 big ones that look like gigantic nipples. Then it's just a matter of reaching and finding the sockets that hold onto the bulbs, give it a little twist, and the socket can be pulled down with the wires attached to it. Pull the old bulb out and replace it with the new one. If it doesnt light up the first time, pull the bulb out, turn it the other direction and try again. That's the jist of it, if you need pics I will post some lol

Wasnt Speeding.

Actully I was at a red light here on LI, and i never shut off my headlights last night, so he saw that one of my headlights was out, the passenger side(which is a HID kit that i had installed a year ago), and when he pulled me over i still had the lights on, and he noticed that the light in the back was out, the headlight miraculously fixed itself after i flicked them off and flicked them back on(it does that quite frequently, quick fix, shut them off, and turn them back on, i believe the balast over heats or shorts)

So when he saw that it was fixed he crossed out that it was a headlight, and wrote license p. light on top of headlight. so here it says we have 24 hours or so to fix it or we have to pay the ticket. so i need to install one sometime tomorrow before 3ish

WOW...thats BS. I got pulled over in my old car at 1 AM heading back to school after a long day of interviews for a job. Both my rear license plate lights were out (which is why they pulled me over). They just asked where we were headed (my roommate and I were in the car together) we told them, they saw the suits laying in the back seat. They just said "Get your rear license plate lights fixed" and that was it. Nothing about my illegal exhaust.

Eric

• 9 months later...

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH YOUR TRUNK!!!!!!!

1. UNDO your tag screws

2. Undo the TWO bolts behind your tag

3. POP off the peice of the body that has the legacy emblems. (little plastic tags...Just pull from one of the corners, just be carefull BUT ive taken mine off a million times and have NEVER had it break.)

4. Get a screw driver and pop off the black plastic that the tag lights go in (also becareful not to mess up your paint so put something between the screw driver and the body of the car. and your done. (They are the same pop type locks that you take off for where the emblems are.)

Takes me 10 mins to install and put back together.

I got wide angle ones from superbrightleds.com

WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb

http://www.superbrightleds.com/store/html/images/wled-x5.jpg

They are only $3 and they are not too bright, have a good wide angle on them which is important because the plate bulbs shine at a 45 degree angle.

Installation tip: use needle nose to pinch the leads inside the socket a bit so the bulb fits in snug and does not fall out. Also buying the plastic popit rivet popping tool from autozone makes removing interior panels a breeze.

So I just put LEDs in my OBW and I have a really weird question. If you see in this picture both bulbs are angled to the right...on my other cars they're either angled inward or outward but I have never seen them go the same direction and it is driving me insane. I tried to turn it around so they go in opposite directions but then the cover doesn't fit right....anyone else with a wagon have this problem?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u42/Cvilleelk8807/fdb1f45a.jpg

I got wide angle ones from superbrightleds.com

WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb

http://www.superbrightleds.com/store/html/images/wled-x5.jpg

They are only $3 and they are not too bright, have a good wide angle on them which is important because the plate bulbs shine at a 45 degree angle.

Installation tip: use needle nose to pinch the leads inside the socket a bit so the bulb fits in snug and does not fall out. Also buying the plastic popit rivet popping tool from autozone makes removing interior panels a breeze.

So, have they fallen out yet? I was having to mess w/ the bulbs i bought almost everyday so that's what im trying to get away from.

Archived