LegacyGT.com

License plate LEDs

pathfin9

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used the standard LM317 in done up in current regulation. And yes those LEDs do need heat management. The way I make them was a replacement for the bulb housing and used thermal epoxy to attach the heatsinks to the LED.

Here is a picture of the whole thing.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/Dark-V/LED%20Lights/License%20Plate/DSC_0045.jpg

They were specifically designed for the Maxima and Sentra. I have yet to take apart my Legacy to see what I can do about mine. Maybe I'll take it apart today to see...

Yeah, those heatsinks are a little overkill for the amount of heat they really generate, but I wanted to be safe.

Holy AWESOME, Dark-V ! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

IUrgent request from an LGT member in dire need of info.

What is the actual item number or bulb size that one is supposed to use for the license plate, either LED or non LED, i just need to get a light bulb in there ASAP i got a ticket for one of them being out just an hour ago, and i have until monday afternoon/evening to go to the police station with it fixed.

Can you buy the non-LED or LED bulb at autozone?

IUrgent request from an LGT member in dire need of info.

What is the actual item number or bulb size that one is supposed to use for the license plate, either LED or non LED, i just need to get a light bulb in there ASAP i got a ticket for one of them being out just an hour ago, and i have until monday afternoon/evening to go to the police station with it fixed.

Can you buy the non-LED or LED bulb at autozone?

Quick question what were you doing wrong.:rolleyes: An hour ago would be 1520 which would mean the cop was looking to get you for something since it was still daylight out & you would not be able to see the license plate bulb unless you had you nose up to it.

Wasnt Speeding.

Actully I was at a red light here on LI, and i never shut off my headlights last night, so he saw that one of my headlights was out, the passenger side(which is a HID kit that i had installed a year ago), and when he pulled me over i still had the lights on, and he noticed that the light in the back was out, the headlight miraculously fixed itself after i flicked them off and flicked them back on(it does that quite frequently, quick fix, shut them off, and turn them back on, i believe the balast over heats or shorts)

So when he saw that it was fixed he crossed out that it was a headlight, and wrote license p. light on top of headlight. so here it says we have 24 hours or so to fix it or we have to pay the ticket. so i need to install one sometime tomorrow before 3ish

Wasnt Speeding.

Actully I was at a red light here on LI, and i never shut off my headlights last night, so he saw that one of my headlights was out, the passenger side(which is a HID kit that i had installed a year ago), and when he pulled me over i still had the lights on, and he noticed that the light in the back was out, the headlight miraculously fixed itself after i flicked them off and flicked them back on(it does that quite frequently, quick fix, shut them off, and turn them back on, i believe the balast over heats or shorts)

So when he saw that it was fixed he crossed out that it was a headlight, and wrote license p. light on top of headlight. so here it says we have 24 hours or so to fix it or we have to pay the ticket. so i need to install one sometime tomorrow before 3ish

Wow he was really looking to get you sorry for the bad luck. You can go to any auto parts store & pick up a non led bulb check the link i gave earlier in this thread for the right size. If my memory serves me its a 168 but not 100% sure.

Archived