LegacyGT.com

Agency Power catback

KayGT

I was about to purchase the megan racing simply for price and looks but it sounds so cheap to me. So after Listening to clip after clip I believe agency power is the nicest sounding exhaust with cobb and prodrive right behind. But does anyone know if the donuts stuck inside the agency power tips are removeable (looks horrible in my opinion) and when removed will sound be changed or simply louder.

those are removable silencer/baffles.

yes they are much louder if you remove it. see those 2 screws at 4 oclock and 8 oclock? they come out, the silencers comes out.

car for sale. PM me!

I was about to purchase the megan racing simply for price and looks but it sounds so cheap to me. So after Listening to clip after clip I believe agency power is the nicest sounding exhaust with cobb and prodrive right behind. But does anyone know if the donuts stuck inside the agency power tips are removeable (looks horrible in my opinion) and when removed will sound be changed or simply louder.

Have you actually heard one in person? Of course sound is highly subjective but practically everyone who has heard my car loves the sound. Vid clips are a notoriously poor way to judge the sound of exhaust.

As for the silencers in the tips of the Agency Power catback they are removable, but with them out the exhaust will be a heck of a lot louder.

Have you actually heard one in person? Of course sound is highly subjective but practically everyone who has heard my car loves the sound. Vid clips are a notoriously poor way to judge the sound of exhaust.

As for the silencers in the tips of the Agency Power catback they are removable, but with them out the exhaust will be a heck of a lot louder.

yep. megans sound a LOT better in person than on youtube.

dyno proven also. that's good enough for me.

car for sale. PM me!

I heard someone was coming out with single tip exhaust with slant cut muffler tips and removeable silencers...

I would look into that before the Agency Power because the slant cut looks better and will require the silencer has to be further recessed into the tip. You can paint the silencers with black with muffler paint to make them almost invisible.

not a big fan of burn tips and that spread eagle configuration that you see a lot.

the invidia on the s2000 has it and i cant stand the way it looks.. draws waaaay too much attention

car for sale. PM me!

Honestly no I haven't heard the megan in person, but from the clips it sounds like a gokart on steriods(not a bad thing).

Megan gives more of a rumble while agency power gives it a smooth drone. Not sure that was a very good discription.

It's not that i think megan racing sounds bad, but it's not the sound im looking for.

Now i'll have to find a clip of the agency power without the silencers because with them in it was the nicest sounding exhaust i heard.

I heard someone was coming out with single tip exhaust with slant cut muffler tips and removeable silencers...

I would look into that before the Agency Power because the slant cut looks better and will require the silencer has to be further recessed into the tip. You can paint the silencers with black with muffler paint to make them almost invisible.

Hey... I think I know that guy!;):lol: In fact, you won't even have to paint the silencers black since that is how they will come from the factory.:)

BTW, the single tip version does have a somewhat deeper tone than the twin-tip version due to some internal changes we made.

Installed one for a customer yesterday. It actually fit decently, but the tips were a bit askew and the laser etching was considerably off center. Not a big deal, but not perfect. That's Perrin for ya. It sounded very nice, albeit a bit on the loud side. It actually sounds ALOT like the single tip MR catback I have on my car right now.

not a big fan of burn tips and that spread eagle configuration that you see a lot.

the invidia on the s2000 has it and i cant stand the way it looks.. draws waaaay too much attention

Isn't that the whole point of owning a S2000?;) The slant angle / burnt tip look isn't for every car but I think it goes well with the S2000.

Installed one for a customer yesterday. It actually fit decently, but the tips were a bit askew and the laser etching was considerably off center. Not a big deal, but not perfect. That's Perrin for ya. It sounded very nice, albeit a bit on the loud side. It actually sounds ALOT like the single tip MR catback I have on my car right now.

So what's the ETA on the production version? I'm very interested.

Someone at a meet made an interesting point...it was explained to me that many people choose megan racing because it is affordable. The same people cannot afford very expensive camera's that record excellent sound quality such like a camera that agency power used for their clip, which ultimately made their catback sound much better than others. Megan racing however sounded amazing in person and the video recordings really made is sound like sh*t so that might be the case with the clips.

Archived