LegacyGT.com

Factory like ride from a spring or coilover?

600whp-Prelude

Running jdm spec b rev a bilsteins and prova springs and couldn't be happier. Pics in my vb garage. Not a single person has ever complained about the ride or even noticed for that matter. My girls to the grandparents!!!

Basically any bilsteins and a decent spring should do the job no problem. pinks dont drop enough for me so I would say teins, provas, or swifts

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I've decided I'm going to buck up and get some really good coilovers. Maybe you guys can save me some searching. I have a bad neck from when I rolled my CRX years ago, so unfortunately I can't take too rough of a ride. What will ride like (if not softer????) than stock (I know, not possible), but reduce wheel gap 1-2" (adjustable preferred) while significantly reducing squat and body roll? I can't stand how the stock suspension handles. I probably should get the kind where the ride stiffness can be adjusted at the top of the tower.

KW V2. Tried and true! Great ride, great handling. You won't go wrong with them. The Tein Comfort Sports are also an option. bigbutt seems to be very happy with the set he purchased from me. They are very similar to the KW's in concept and function.

Hey BigButt's where did you have you Tein's installed and corner balanced..

Derek, the Gadget guy on TSC forum did the install and Can-alignment in Milton did the alignment and corner balancing.

After doing some research, and some first hand experiences with the brand on my girls 07 civic, I think I am going to use the Progress springs on the stock struts and upgrade the struts later on after I do some performance mods, because 1.5" drop seems about perfect for a daily driver, at least for me.

nope.

Tein htech is about as good as you'll find but its still gonna be a little firmer than stock and the stock shocks are weak to begin with

Yup. If you also go with a bigger tire (me I've got 225/45/17) you'll also be in good shape.

That said my H-techs are due in Portland tomorrow!! :D

I've decided I'm going to buck up and get some really good coilovers. Maybe you guys can save me some searching. I have a bad neck from when I rolled my CRX years ago, so unfortunately I can't take too rough of a ride. What will ride like (if not softer????) than stock (I know, not possible), but reduce wheel gap 1-2" (adjustable preferred) while significantly reducing squat and body roll? I can't stand how the stock suspension handles. I probably should get the kind where the ride stiffness can be adjusted at the top of the tower.

Here you go - softest coilover

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_66&products_id=266

Bob

^ The spring rates listed for those HKS coilovers are super soft (relative to other coilovers).

I'd even be worried about them not having enough travel or needing a longer spring to make up for the softness, but who knows.

Anyway, we've been very happy with our Racecomp Tarmac 1 coilovers, which are based on KW Variant 2's. Our optional softer spring rate setup sounds like it's perfect for the OP.

- Andrew

Have you ridden in the LS+ before? I have a set sitting at home awaiting install. Would appreciate any feedback you have on this setup, thanks!

I installed a set for a customer a while ago. I did not go for a ride with him though. They seemed really soft when I did the old push on the bumper test ;). He seemed very pleased with the ride when I asked him about his car a few days later.

I installed a set for a customer a while ago. I did not go for a ride with him though. They seemed really soft when I did the old push on the bumper test ;). He seemed very pleased with the ride when I asked him about his car a few days later.

Soft as in as soft/softer than STOCK? Do you guys know for sure what is the spring rate? I gathered they were 4/5kg front/rear, respectively, which is relatively close to the 3.5/5.5 stock rates. But I had assumed that the HKS shocks must be stiffer than the stockers, giving the "SPORT" effect while maintaining a compliant ride.

I sure hope these coilovers aren't softer riding than stock, as I'm counting on the HKS name and their usual superior quality. :/

Archived