LegacyGT.com

Official "Looking to swap interior" thread!

Does the 06 use the liquid sensor like the 07 instead of the 05's 4 weight sensors?

Yes, according to my research that is the case. Seems that it will be MUCH easier to swap the passenger seat (or whole interior) for that from an 06.

This was a wedding gift to my wife and now there is no passenger side airbag or power seat (plug is different for that too)...She sure loves her driver seat in black leather though!

Doug

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I swapped 07 interior into my 05... Only way to fix passenger seat is to use internals from 05 seat

Yah, mine was non-power, non leather, so I would rather just find an 06 passenger seat or 06 interior. There is bound to be someone who grabs a set of 06 leathers for their 05 and has the same issue...eventually :lol:

Doug

I did an 07 to 05 swap... Just depends on what you get. I did the Spec B interior and for everything including door cards I spent almost 1500, I think. Then I had to buy all the brackets and what not to convert the rear seats to folding. That was a few bills extra. The easiest way to swap is to swap with a car of the same year!

Yeah I've been looking for 05 passenger power seat internals for a while!

I do have black cloth door cards available and black/gray cloth front heated seats and rear seat back available. I already sold the bottom rear. I'm open to trade for parts or the passenger seat parts!

Yep, I think the sedan, non limited, 5MT (5EAT just a bit more than the MT) is just shy of 5 pounds of the 04-05 STi (lighter than the 06-07 one as it gained weight those tro years). At the time it was a better bargain than the WRX which is one of the conspiracy theory that SOA killed the non-limited, to make a broader margin between the two. As I said, it was just a few rumors and might no be correct but I do run with stock/Stg1 STi's ;)

And hence the car info below my SN! ;)

05 was the only year for the "unlimited" GT unless you are looking for the 2.5i and I don't know if they have the black/gray ones.

Yeah was thinking of an 07+ 2.5i. Pretty sure that some of them came with that same black/grey .

Still trying to figure out for sure if Legacy wagon rear seats will fit in the sedan at all. Some people say "no way!" whiles others say it may work "with a lot of customization".

What do you guys think of these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-SUBARU-OUTBACK-XT-FRONT-AND-REAR-LEATHER-SEATS-/370249482642?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item563496c192#ht_912wt_841

Would the be a direct swap into my 07 OB 2.5i (dual heated, driver-only power)?

Maybe I should also mention I'll be needing to part with my cloth 07 2.5i wagon seats which are black with the 'corduroy-ish red-ish/gray' inserts. Both heated front, power driver, manual passenger. Any interest?

Looks like this...

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/leg0525igraycloth1.JPG

Edited by Ari_OutbackWagon

What do you guys think of these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-SUBARU-OUTBACK-XT-FRONT-AND-REAR-LEATHER-SEATS-/370249482642?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item563496c192#ht_912wt_841

Would the be a direct swap into my 07 OB 2.5i (dual heated, driver-only power)?

Maybe I should also mention I'll be needing to part with my cloth 07 2.5i wagon seats which are black with the 'corduroy-ish red-ish/gray' inserts. Both heated front, power driver, manual passenger. Any interest?

Looks like this...

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/leg0525igraycloth1.JPG

They should bolt right in! Have to see if the passenger sensor is the same as '07... I think Doug should have the answer to that? Leonardo - haven't you had your eye on these?