LegacyGT.com

have some money to spend. What to get.

RaGe

Tossing up some ideas here.

i have some money to spend and what better way to say, " I <3 mE " than buying me some parts. LOL.

I have been up in the air when it comes to coilovers vs bilsteins. I have come to the conclusion that i will most likely want coilovers. This vehicle is my DD. But we have new paved roads that they just finished up where i live. So basically where i drive everyday the road is not harsh at all so i figured i could sacrifice a little comfort for the stiffNeSs that i am wanting.

coilovers or sways? Thats what it is coming down to right now. Dont know which one i will want to get. I would say if i get coilovers i will get teh MR coilovers. If i get sways it will be the COBB w/ COBB endlinks f/r. But which would you do. Coilovers or sways? I am not that knowledgable in setting coilovers etc... But i can learn so i am not too worried there. opinion time.:cool:

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

^ I hear coilovers aren't very comfortable. I can attest to the cobb front and rear sways/endlinks. They are quality pieces. They definitely help out substantially. As for your debate on whether to do coilovers vs bilsteins, I would do bilsteins and aftermarket springs....

I have Cobb springs on factory shocks. I am fine with that for now until the shocks get worn out.

bilsteins w/ Pinks and spurs are my vote :D

Also the stock endlinks work and most after market endlinks fail!

Also Cobb bars are BIG do you need something that big?

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/75/Spurs_cowboy_crockett.jpg

i dont know if i need that big but i had them on my last legacy. ( p.s i love the hearts on the spurs ).

I kow coilovers arent that comfortable but what is the diff between the bilsteins/ pinks vs. coilovers. I know they are two different beasts but as far as handling what is the difference?( i have read and read, but found no info like i am looking for.) I am just a little worried about putting springs on my factory shocks. Knowing my luck it wouldnt be long before i put on some prongs and one of the shocks would go. So i would just rather go ahead and replace the whole thing. I know bilstens will run you about 600 bucks. Thats including the top mounts. and prob about 500 for pinks. I guess i couldnt go wrong either way.

OTM.

^ I hear coilovers aren't very comfortable.

They can be....it all depends. Not all coilovers are created equal.

Not saying coilovers are necessarily the answer in this case. Swaybars do provide a very noticeable reduction in roll and it feels great. No effect on squat and dive, which these cars have a LOT of.

One of the more popular coilovers is the KW Variant 2. Great performance, great ride quality, German build quality, warranty, etc. And of course, our own new coilover which is based on the KW Variant 2 and built by KW, but with a few improvements and a cheaper price. More details here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1407447#post1407447

- Andrew

Thats the point you get the bilsteins HD's and pinks and keep your stock setup intact. Pinks can be had for a lot less than $500 ;)

Do you plan to AutoX the car? or is it just a DD? If you ever want to take someone other than you around in it, wife, parents, kids, friends, clients horses anyone? Then stay way from coilovers.

The <3's are for when you want to say...I love you but go faster ;)

Are you lowered at all now or are you on stock springs?

If your on stock suspension I say get aftermarket sways, keep stock endlinks and get aftermarket springs (swifts or pinks).

Then when your stock shocks go, get the bilsteins. done and done.

Why? Whats the reasoning? If he has the cash get HD's (of SpecB/GT from member classifieds because they are cheap) and be done with it. You are forgetting the long term with the car rule #1 keep all stock parts in working order.

+1 on swifts are the worst spring out there :spin:

Yeah i know what i am wanting and how to achieve it. Its that feeling that the car will just kind of sit down in the middle of a turn feeling that i am going for. Really the setup i had before wasnt all that bad but i am wanting more of a proper setup in this car. Last legacy i had tein H's on stock shocks. COBB RS with endlinks. Made cornering alot more fun. A lot less body roll and just seemed more predictable in overall performance. When comparing to this it feels like i am sitting in a truck. I feel like i am just up there. Alot of body roll and seems real squichy in turning. just soft. Too soft for me. And i guess you could say that SOFT is bad. Well we know its bad. LOL. Thats why i was saying i dotn mind sacrificing ride quality for a stiff ride. I like that stiff ride. But i should prob ride in nates LGT. He has that bilstein/pink combo on his right now. the good thing about that setup up is its a plug n play. no need to adjust anything. I dont plan on auto xing my car. and its just me and my wife. If she dont like how i setup my car she dont have to ride in it. But she liked my last setup. So she feels the same way as i do in this case as i am traveling/searching.

OTM.

saul good has megan coilovers. so i could get him to give me a ride anytime. i think i might go with bilsteins/pink combo.

OTM.

Why? Whats the reasoning? If he has the cash get HD's (of SpecB/GT from member classifieds because they are cheap) and be done with it. You are forgetting the long term with the car rule #1 keep all stock parts in working order.

+1 on swifts are the worst spring out there :spin:

I dunno, my reasoning was to get sways first and save money by keeping stock enlinks. Mine haven't failed yet and work fine.

Next go with spring/shock combo opposed to coilovers. I had tein coilovers on my previous car and it was a bumpy ride on uneven roads. So, I'd say get swifts or pinks to accompany stock struts. When they go get spec b bilsteins to go with the swifts or pinks. rev b's are made specifically for the pinks springs right?

Since funds were limited i said keep stock struts until they go.

If you get a RSB, make sure you get a reinforced mount for it, eventually the stock one will crack (unless you drive like Rich) :lol:

I think it was your installer. Cusco never failed me ;)

The only reason I came into this thread was for RaGe, I have sworn off of technical threads becuse I don't know anything, I'm always wrong and I don't play nice with others :redface:

RaGe ride with Nate (great guy BTW) and ride with saul (never meet :redface: ) and ride with Suds (Just an ok guy :p ) you are lucky because you have a few different setups around to try before you buy :cool:

Well most of the Legacy's with modified suspensions that I have driven in ride like crap so there, unless you like a bumpy un-controlled ride where the tires are going to lose contact over anything more than a slight imperfection :lol::hide:

Thats the truth.

Archived