LegacyGT.com

Waxing for the Winter? and how to remove wax?

Thank you....OCDetails and Brady...I will research into sealers, maybe try'em THIS is when I like this forum, when people can learn something, not when people critcize or mock comments w/o reason to back up there comments. Threads like that help educate...me and others. Thanks.

Maybe someone can recommend a good polish that's not too difficult to remove...I fing Griot's alittle tuff.

KevinH

Thank you....OCDetails and Brady...I will research into sealers, maybe try'em THIS is when I like this forum, when people can learn something, not when people critcize or mock comments w/o reason to back up there comments. Threads like that help educate...me and others. Thanks.

Maybe someone can recommend a good polish that's not too difficult to remove...I fing Griot's alittle tuff.

Before your 'sealant sucks' remark, the thread was full of recommendations. Every product we have discussed on this thread before that remark contains polymers, and would offer superior protection that will last through the winter. The 'Why are you still waxing your car' thread OCD refers to is full of other recommendations for sealants.

Polishing a car can mean the act of detailing a car (washing and waxing), or can mean to use a polish (remove swirls and oxidation) on the car (which is very different from a wash or wax). With the exception of one step products that clean, polish, and protect, we have been talking about sealants. There are many polishes out there, I have personally had the best experiences with the Poorboys World line Super Swirl Remover (I can only compare it to Pinnacle XMT and Mequiars though), for sealants, I love the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, but the world of sealants is vast. Once a car has been protected with a good sealant, you can use a traditional wax as a top coat for added depth and shine, however with the quality of many sealants these days this step is often unnecessary. The use of a spray on sealant after normal washing is recommended for upkeep, but most sealants are durable enough to hold up to several months of abuse and is not absolutely required.

Some reading on the threads here, or on autogeek and utopia is highly suggested if you think a traditional wax is superior for a long winters protection. As brady said though, if you go making a claim like that on those forums, be prepared to make some enemy's quickly.

... not when people critcize or mock comments w/o reason to back up there comments. Threads like that help educate...

I don't know why you were so defensive to my post... I was offering a different opinion to yours for the benefit of the community. Besides, it's not like Wolfgang sealant needs my endorsement, you will find happy customers all over this place...

Remember, misinformed generalizations in combination with spotty grammar are usually prime suspects for sarcastic responses on teh internets.

Archived