LegacyGT.com

1/4 Mile on N/A Legacy

frostbite3360

So heres my track results with my 2.5i. I was looking to break into the 15 second range after my mods (header, cat-back, intake). But here's what I got. I think that it being almost 90 degrees didn't help my cause. I put in a quarter tank of 94 octane gas and put NOS Octane Booster in there for good measure, so I'm guessing I was running around 100 octane or so? I don't know if it really helped out or not. Any suggestions on lowering my times would be helpful.

tracktime.JPG.986ff41da707b74efe0aaf6f57af936e.JPG

MT or AT? how'd you launch the car? my buddy's 2.5RS wagon (impreza) ran low 15's when we went to the track. I would think you could have beat or been similar times to that. shifting and launching are the biggies.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

It's MT. I launch it at about 5k, but I don't just dump the clutch. It's definitally a controlled release. After that I just go all out. Theres probably a better way of launching it, but I don't know what that'd be or if the advice I got on here would only help LGT owners. Maybe and N/A should be launched differently? I really don't know.

No reason to use the high octane unless the car needs it. And you weren't anywhere close to 100 octane. When octane boosters state they raise octane by 6 points, for example, that means you would have gone from your 94 octane to 94.6.

Archived