LegacyGT.com

College Football/ Pro Football Discussion

tommypenguin

any of you penn staters in colorado go into denver to pat's in lodo for the games?

i'm usually there everyday saturday, rocking my white and blue (and a couple of pitchers!).. the environment is great. (plus it's a nice quick ride from boulder)

and how bout that wisc game last week - guess it's all ohio state/mich for the big ten...

i really hope michigan doesn't win. that would just be depressing. if they make it 10 wins in a row against psu next year... i'm pretty sure i'll cry until i'm dehydrated.

(granted this week vs indiana won't really be an interesting game... but you damn well better be there for the ohio state game! - especially since the ohio state alumni bar is right upstairs from the psu alum bar!) :argue:

brian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any of you penn staters in colorado go into denver to pat's in lodo for the games?

i'm usually there everyday saturday, rocking my white and blue (and a couple of pitchers!).. the environment is great. (plus it's a nice quick ride from boulder)

and how bout that wisc game last week - guess it's all ohio state/mich for the big ten...

i really hope michigan doesn't win. that would just be depressing. if they make it 10 wins in a row against psu next year... i'm pretty sure i'll cry until i'm dehydrated.

(granted this week vs indiana won't really be an interesting game... but you damn well better be there for the ohio state game! - especially since the ohio state alumni bar is right upstairs from the psu alum bar!) :argue:

I'm glad you guys are at Pat's now so we can give each other shit! I go to Croc's whenever our games aren't on cable and some others too. Been there thrice this year so far. Our game against Penn State is the one I'm fearing the most.

Btw, me and 2 other guys (all in red jerseys) went to Lodo's, the M*ch*g*n bar, during our halftime and after our game was over to give them some shit for sucking so bad! On the way, we realized we had to be nice, so we made some friends and one dude actually BOUGHT us a round of Jager/Red Bulls. We'd NEVER do that for a W*lv*r*ne! I actually never like to see M*ch*g*n lose though- bad for our rivalry, bad for the Big Ten, bad for keeping Llyod Carr as long as possible.

You Nittany Lions fans need to get more passionate and start watching all the games like BSDZine!

You Nittany Lions fans need to get more passionate and start watching all the games like BSDZine!

I wish I had the time, if I lived downtown I would be able to run to the bar and watch it, but... its not that easy when you live in littleton. I definitely won't be making any big trips, or even down town till order has been restored to my ride.

Alright Nittany Lions boys, are you ready for a lil Buckeye action? Should be a good game- we have the line by 4 points. Does anyone wanna come over to my place to watch the game? It'll help even out the fans. I live pretty close to downtown. Also, if anyone wants to hit our Halloween House Party right after, that'd be sweet too! BYOB.

Go Buckeyes!

scotty you know we were the last team to beat you.....

and a night game at beaver stadium? better tell your team to bring some ear plugs cause it's gonna be so loud there will be slight earthquakes :)

should be a good one

brian

scotty you know we were the last team to beat you.....

and a night game at beaver stadium? better tell your team to bring some ear plugs cause it's gonna be so loud there will be slight earthquakes :)

should be a good one

I definitely remember that game. It sucked b/c we didn't lost by much and that was Smith's first game in a while. Didn't have our QB situation down yet. But yeah, you guys were def the best team that night. Don't think you could've done it w/o your white out student section. You guys sure do bring it in Happy Valley!

Its on Scotty, if Morelli plays mistake free, Buckeyes are going to get nipped by the lions!
I think there's a bit more that'll go into the game than that Tommy!:lol: Don't forget that we've got the #1 Point Defense and the #1 Yardage Defense (#2 passing/rushing defense). Even if Morelli's tight, we could still shut y'all down. Don't even try to run. There's a spreading of a disease known as Laurenitis and there is no cure!

Our main things to watch out for: No turnovers on our side. Cover man to man (we let so much fall apart w/ zone). You guys have a pretty good defense too right?

i think the best thing we'll have for the game is our student section with a white out. it's almost a 12th man on the team, and you know we'll fill beaver stadium to capacity, about 108,000 seems right.

if morelli is on, it should be a very close game. and yes, our defense is pretty good, we usually have a great defense just problems with offense... with our linebackers connor and lee, running might be difficult for you. they are all over the field like flies on fresh crap.

brian

i think the best thing we'll have for the game is our student section with a white out. it's almost a 12th man on the team, and you know we'll fill beaver stadium to capacity, about 108,000 seems right.

if morelli is on, it should be a very close game. and yes, our defense is pretty good, we usually have a great defense just problems with offense... with our linebackers connor and lee, running might be difficult for you. they are all over the field like flies on fresh crap.

I agree w/ you- the white out is def 12th-man-worthy. That extra guy wasn't enough Saturday though. Sorry we had to take down your Nittany Lion w/ our posioneous nuts (Buckeye)! We gotta be a legitimate #1 now after that. I honestly didn't think our offense would come out like that after a 24-17 win at home w/ Mich St. Must've been looking ahead to you guys. This game was my biggest worry of our season. Fortunately we made few mistakes and did make big plays.:)

Ummm...I have to chime in here....don't mess w/ my 'Canes! they're winning 47-0 right now...and my Dolphins are the Bomb! They're 8-0 and will crush the Pats again....

Please keep in mind I live in the Bizarro world....

Rehab is for quitters.

Scotty I feel for you, I bet your down about today, the Illini are a lot better than they get credit for. On a brighter note, penn state rolled 31-0.:redface:

Thanks for the support Nick. No championship for us this year (like many of us thought). It has been a downer weekend b/c of that loss. We knew Illinois was hot this year, but still didn't think they'd take us at home b/c we've looked pretty unstoppable. Now we've gotta focus and take out M*ch*g*n to claim the Big Ten and a Rose Bowl bid.

And TPLGT, I'm very happy to see Miami, one of my least favorite teams, down big this year (in addition to Florida State and to a small extent, Florida). We're getting a few of your top players including the #1 inside linebacker last week (Etienne Sabino from Miami Krop High School).

Ummm...I have to chime in here....don't mess w/ my 'Canes! they're winning 47-0 right now...and my Dolphins are the Bomb! They're 8-0 and will crush the Pats again....

Please keep in mind I live in the Bizarro world....

LOL.

I feel your pain my fellow Dolfan... I guess they are 9-0 now. :lol: Tough game yesterday. Time to start John Beck IMHO...

Yeah, Muck Fichigan!

Speaking of which, I watched an HBO documentary on sports' greatest rivalry that premiered last night. It was done very well although an hour long film made it quite a bit rushed. I was touched w/ pride several time throughout it. And Woody was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!

Watch it if you can...

Bo on Woody

http://www.hbo.com/events/rivalry/

Archie on the rivarly

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3102849&categoryId=2564308&n8pe6c=2

Hello scottybuckeye......I've been a Buckeye fan since 1970......I'm away from home taking a brief vacation at San Antonio......Saw a man last night whilst walking down the street, he was wearing a Michigan sweatshirt + hat so I asked him what happened with the game. I was ecstatic when he said "We lost 14-3". I'll be wearing my colors today hoping to bump into a Buckeye at Sea World......

CONGRADULATIONS......peace......benCOB

Boo ya, Mutha F*ckah's!! What a game we had. Beanie Wells ran for 222 yards, Hart for 44! I love it.

I'll be praying that Oklahoma (or Texas) beats Mizzou or Kansas in their championship. And that West Virginia or LSU loses. That'd put us in the National Championship again (unless the voters do something stupid like putting ASU ahead of us for beating a mediocre USC team).

Bencob, good to hear from you, but WTF!? You missed the game? How could you let this happen? Shame man, shame:)

O-H...

• 4 weeks later...

i'm bringing this one back up to the top!

28th 6pm, any of you penn staters gonna make it to pat's for the game? i'm planning my xmas/NYE vacation around this bowl game :lol:

i will be there, as well as bringing some penn staters that are coming out to visit. should be a good time, plus we don't have to worry about those friggin' OSU fans upstairs ;) (that would mean scotty)

i'm expecting a decent crowd of alum, if you can make it out there let me know we'll grab a cheesesteak, some beers, and start the 100+ people flip cup games as we all sing "hail to the lion"! :)

brian

Who the heck is Beanie Wells? just kidding man, but can he hold a light to our Archie Griffin of old? Although I'm a BUCKEYE fan at heart till my dyin day, I'm not a fanatic......Congrats to all who's teams made it to a bowl game......I bought lunch for a fella at work after his sooners beat whomever (no offense here) to help us get to the top......Already got 2 friendly bets (blue bell ice cream) on our game against whomever (talkin smack here)......Good luck to all......except lsu......

Boo ya, What a game we had. Beanie Wells ran for 222 yards, Hart for 44! I love it. I'll be praying that Oklahoma (or Texas) beats Mizzou or Kansas in their championship. And that West Virginia or LSU loses. That'd put us in the National Championship again (unless the voters do something stupid like putting ASU ahead of us for beating a mediocre USC team).

Bencob, good to hear from you, but WTF!? You missed the game? How could you let this happen? Shame man, shame:)O-H...

Archived