LegacyGT.com

'08 Legacy - Have trouble cleaning the chrome strip along the side?

Just venting - every time I wash my car, the chrome strip along the side takes FOREVER to dry properly. If you close the door, or a drip rolls loose from the side mirror, it drops and lands right THERE! Grrrr...:mad: I basically have to make sure the entire car is absolutely, COMPLETELY dry in order to make sure it's cleaned properly. Anybody else noticing this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

You are never going to get the car completely dry with a towel, there will always be drips on the little chromed side moldings. As mentioned above, carry some quick detailer and mf towels with you (always a good idea), or just wipe it up a few hours later (or the next day).

I personally have just come to live with the fact that there will always be a few small spots on them, and I don't bother to clean them up later because they scratch easy and the slightest grime in your mf is going to dull it over time.

Guest DJ Proez
Just carry some quick detail spray and a microfiber to take care of those drips and other water spots you're bound to get.

I was going to say the same thing. While we are on the topic of cleaning 08's what would be the best product to use to clean my wheels. I noticed some oil or something on my rims after I took it in for service. I tried wiping them with a microfiber and some wheel cleaner but it wont come off.

I was going to say the same thing. While we are on the topic of cleaning 08's what would be the best product to use to clean my wheels. I noticed some oil or something on my rims after I took it in for service. I tried wiping them with a microfiber and some wheel cleaner but it wont come off.

Uh-oh, you may have the dreaded black markings of the '08 Spec.B's rims. Check this site for other threads in which people have had to go get their's replaced or redone at the dealer. Good luck!

WD40's good at removing stuff like that. Then rinse and wash that off well with regular car wash soap. And follow-up with a sealant to protect.

Guest DJ Proez
Yea I was afraid that it could be that but I noticed the oil after I got my car serviced so I'm figuring it's just oil from when they rotated the tires I'll try the WD40 and let you guys know.

Archived