LegacyGT.com

Diesel?

RadoGT

They should just have different versions of the same engine. The more power it makes the less gas mileage it will get unless there is new technology that can offset the loss of efficiency from power gain. One engine different tunes or maps. Interesting!!!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try a renault 1.5dci, you will get 55mpg outside and 40mp in the city and it will hit 120mph eventually :lol:

but this is not the point, performance comes from fuel consumption ... new technologies have made it so that less fuel is needed for the same output of power.

subaru launching a diesel it a good fact as their sales will rise in europe. the thing that bothers me is that BMW waited and slaped one all over subaru's new revulotionary engine .... 2.0 150bhp 350nm 150g/km subaru 2.0 204bhp 400nm annnnndddd ... the thing that subaru braged about 138g/km by bmw :(

ouch

try a renault 1.5dci, you will get 55mpg outside and 40mp in the city and it will hit 120mph eventually :lol:

but this is not the point, performance comes from fuel consumption ... new technologies have made it so that less fuel is needed for the same output of power.

subaru launching a diesel it a good fact as their sales will rise in europe. the thing that bothers me is that BMW waited and slaped one all over subaru's new revulotionary engine .... 2.0 150bhp 350nm 150g/km subaru 2.0 204bhp 400nm annnnndddd ... the thing that subaru braged about 138g/km by bmw :(

ouch

I live in northern Sweden and we will get the diesels early next year. Will be posting a review then.

Where do you get your numbers from? What i've heard so far is nothing 100% certain, but close to your numbers.

158 BHP , 355 nm , but no co2 numbers yet. What's really interesting is also the new JDM gearbox for diesel. Probably a new 5spd auto and 6spd manual.

• 4 weeks later...

While on the subject of diesels for other cars, I put the following question to Mercedes Benz:

Just wondering if MB plan to revive the 240D line by making the BlueTec

available on the C-class.

Their response was:

Thank you for your Email.

There are currently no plans to offer a diesel in the new C-Class for 2008.

While we cannot confirm at this early date if BlueTec will be available on

future C Class models, please be assured that your feedback has been duly

noted and will be shared with the appropriate parties.

We know this is not the response you desire and solicit your understanding

and acceptance.

Sincerely,

Anne L.

Case Manager

------------------------------------------------

Guess Subaru isn't the only car company being evasive about this question...

While on the subject of diesels for other cars, I put the following question to Mercedes Benz:

Just wondering if MB plan to revive the 240D line by making the BlueTec

available on the C-class.

Their response was:

Thank you for your Email.

There are currently no plans to offer a diesel in the new C-Class for 2008.

While we cannot confirm at this early date if BlueTec will be available on

future C Class models, please be assured that your feedback has been duly

noted and will be shared with the appropriate parties.

We know this is not the response you desire and solicit your understanding

and acceptance.

Sincerely,

Anne L.

Case Manager

------------------------------------------------

Guess Subaru isn't the only car company being evasive about this question...

I would fully expect to see C-Class diesels by 2009, 2010 at the latest. BMW is planning on bringing their excellent diesels over and once one of the two does it will be on like Donkey Kong between the two of them.

I would fully expect to see C-Class diesels by 2009, 2010 at the latest. BMW is planning on bringing their excellent diesels over and once one of the two does it will be on like Donkey Kong between the two of them.

Yeah, but they could also be waiting to add that option based on the success of their mild hybrid S class.

i would trade my lgt in on a legacy diesel. they will have to get around out emissions crap. we are more strict on diesel exhaust particulate level than europe. hopefully, it will go better than vws adventure with the 2007 tdi and taureg diesel. they had to get some help from mercedes, if i remember correctly, to get a pass. mercedes already met the standards here and vw got help from them. i was looking into getting an 07 tdi jetta when i bought my legacy. dealer told me they were 'delayed' but still taking orders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The diesel is here now.

Available to order Legacy and Outback here in Sweden with 2.0d engine. Outback manual starting at 279.000 SEK. No automatic gearbox available!!! :(

163bhp & 350nm torque

More from the AutoWeek interview:

Mori, a marketing executive named president in June 2005, made it clear he no longer is pursuing the dream of his predecessor, Kyoji Takenaka, to remake Subaru into a "global premium brand." In recent years, Subaru added luxury features and raised stickers on many models but fell short of its sales goals.

"The goal of being a global player hasn't changed," Mori said. "But 'premium' carried a 'luxurious' implication. That's not who we are."

Mori also seemed to question Subaru's recent push to expand its dealer network in Sun Belt states. Its dealer expansion efforts had been devoted largely to the South but hadn't made much progress, he said.

To boost sales worldwide, Subaru will take 6,000 compact cars a year from Daihatsu Motor Co., a unit of Toyota Motor Corp., for sale in Europe starting this autumn. Subaru also will develop a compact car for global markets.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Pshh who needs an autobox anyway? One armed people, thats who. Anyway, that is a pretty good amount of power. You would think that Subaru would be scrambling to get this thing out to other markets and earn a bigger return on it. Any fuel economy numbers?

Pshh who needs an autobox anyway? One armed people, thats who. //

People who drive a lot in heavy traffic. People who tow. People who want to easily resell their vehicles. People with trashed knees and hips.

I'd be interested in a diesel. The pattern of use for most of our vehicles favors diesels over hybrids. Bet it would be easy to get over 30mpg on the highway with an OBW.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived