LegacyGT.com

Moving to Virginia, Info please..

importtund

^ You are referring to Newport News. They are right beside each other. You also have Virginia Beach. If you go to VA Beach ever, stick to Sandbridge. Its the nicest of the beaches.....

Thanks, I'll do that.... Ever been on Ft. Eustis, Hows that? :rolleyes:

o-o-o-o- are front plates required by law there?

and what kind of state inspection if any is there?

Hard liquor is sold in stores which are open only when everyone is at work.

Beer and wine are sold everywhere any time.

All those nasty strong "wines" are made from Virginia grapes (Red Rocket).

Like the man said, don't speed. And radar detectors are illegal. Get caught with one and you may as well have been caught with an AK47.

Hard liquor is sold in stores which are open only when everyone is at work.

Beer and wine are sold everywhere any time.

All those nasty strong "wines" are made from Virginia grapes (Red Rocket).

Like the man said, don't speed. And radar detectors are illegal. Get caught with one and you may as well have been caught with an AK47.

Are you serious.... :lol: That's the funniest damn thing I've heard yet! ...AK47... :lol::lol:

So since they make such a big deal about speeding on their streets please tell me there's a drag strip near Ft. Eustis....

a state imposed civil fine isn't governed by the US Constitution, but it still is a BS law.

True...maybe unconstitutional isn't the correct word for it.....but I guarantee it won't last longer than a couple of years. There are already court cases disputing the fines.

A $3,350.00 ticket,that's almost ah monthes salary for me, that's alittle crazy for a speeding ticket... I mean it'd be different if it was 20 mph over or something, but come on these people are getting tickets for 10 over, oops I wasn't paying attention, I.E. (I have a screaming kid in the back seat, my cell's ringing, I'm lost.. I mean come on people make mistakes.. what happened to warnings and stuff like that... It's different if they're trying to crack down on street racing or something of that sort but just a regular speeding ticket eez, give me a break..... I agree hutru01 I don't think that will last long....

oh didn't know if anyone missed this question, how far is th closest dragstrip to hampton?

20mph over posted limit or above 80mph is reckless anywhere in VA. Posted speed limit on the Beltway is 55mph....if you are doing much less than 70mph, you'll get run over. Thin margin for error

Hampton sucks, Newport News sucks, Ft. Eustis sucks, VA sucks, and VA cops SUCK. Haha....kinda just kidding but you will see when you get here. I'm not from Ft. Eustis but rather from Langley (which sucks). :lol: I can't really complain too much though I PCSd here from Alaska a year ago. The main difference...people here cannot drive and they act stupid on the roads...plus the traffic is horrible. I'm sure you are used to that coming from texas huh. If you ever plan on going to the beach plan on leaving an hour before you originally wanted to leave. Since I have been here actually this past weekend was the first time that there wasn't at least a 30 minute wait to go through the Hampton Roads Tunnel.......some people take the smarter (but longer) way which is 664....different tunnel but always never seems to have ANY traffic...weird. As far as meets go from what I hear there are a lot of them on the south side of the water (VA Beach and Norfolk). I don't see a lot of Legacy meets but rather general Subaru meets. My husband has a rex and I tag along with him to all the meets. If you are ever on NASIOC you will see a meet once a week on this side of the water. Small group but very friendly and fun. Like I said I haven't been to any VA beach meets but that is only due to the fact that they are always in the middle of the week at around 7ish (I'm not a fan of driving that far for a meet during the work week). If you are planning on being here by October there is a big Subaru meet that is going to be at Pence Subaru in Richmond on October 6th if I am not mistaken. Sorry to ramble on but myself and my husband being military also, we know what it is like to move all over the place and have no idea what you are about to be around. :cool:

Oh and a quick cop story..........my husband and I were on our way to the southside to see if anyone had any new Evos for us to gander at (NOT TRADING....lol don't worry). Anyways, we were going with the flow of traffic which was pretty slow today for around here. So we were going about 65 and a tan Ford Fusion flew by us and cut us off to get in the HOV lane. We saw a cop and my husband said "oooo he is going to go get that Fusion". Wrong. He pulled us over saying that is was becasue of the tint. He gave us some BS about VA tint laws are 50% on the front. I said then how come when I got my windows tinted they told me 35% was legal?? Then he changed his story and said "wellllll, we allow a little leway". Bulls#it doughnut hole now why are you changing your story......and for this I will stand by my belief that VA cops are %$#@^%$#^. Fill in the blank with any words you please.

Thanks for all the great help, suggestions on the meets and tips about the traffic... I think once we get there we'll probably stick around Eustis for alittle while, plus I have to in process and all that garbage. Langley, huh? Are you and your Husband Airforce? Moving from Ft. Hood I expect alot from Eustis, I had to pull alot of strings and use up all my favors to get there, so it better be chill!We are suppose to get to Eustis sometime around may, so yea I'll be there for the October meet, not sure if we'll make it, or if it would be worth "everyone else's time", for "us" to show up. Right now we only have my wife's 99GT pictured avatar, but I plan on getting and 04-05 STI or ordering a Skyline R32 ( sorry! Yes I know it's not a suby) shortly after we get there. I just reenlisted for six years so hopfully we'll be staying at Eustis awhile.

The nearest Subaru dealership is straight out the gate....make a right and go down the road a little but.....not even 5 minutes away. It is nothing to write home about, but it is a Subaru dealership. There are also at least 2 in VA Beach. Nearest drag strip is a different story. I found this link.....I think the closest one is an hour away. http://www.vansenusauto.com/dragstrip_locator.php?State=/State/VA. I think the one in Richmond has test and tune every friday. Yes my husband and I are both Air Force and if the Army is anything like the AF then you will be here FOREVER. Haha just joking. I know people who have been here for 10 years and some who left after 4 or 5......either way you will prolly be here a while.

Welcome to the area - It's not too bad in Newport News. But like SubiChick said - people here can't drive if their life depends on it (and I am from Pennsylvania!)

I actually live about 5 miles from Ft. Eustis. Its not too bad - there are couple back-country roads that you can really open up and test out the AWD action.

Hope the move goes well - look forward to see you on the road.

S.

Archived