LegacyGT.com

Enginuity Tune (vs. Ecutek)

Legend

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shift earlier, your times will be better. I generally shift in the 6200-6500 rpm range for the best results.

I shift at 6000-6200rpm from 1-2 and 2-3, but if I am at 6200rpm in 3rd and ~1 second away from finishing the quarter I think I would be better off letting it redline at 7000rpm vs. shifting into 4th. I'm not sure though...

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I have made over 30 1/4 mile passes and tried all types of shifting and launching techniques, I trap over what I can run 3rd out to but it still feels a good amount slower trying to hold 3rd out. Just shift early into 4th at like 6000 rpms, you should be around the 1000' ft mark. Fourth is a much stonger gear in the LGT, plus anything over 6K rpms the power curve is dropping.

I have made over 30 1/4 mile passes and tried all types of shifting and launching techniques, I trap over what I can run 3rd out to but it still feels a good amount slower trying to hold 3rd out. Just shift early into 4th at like 6000 rpms, you should be around the 1000' ft mark. Fourth is a much stonger gear in the LGT, plus anything over 6K rpms the power curve is dropping.

I think that's what I'll do then... I really don't like the idea of hitting 7000 and if I hit fuel cut off then I am no doubt better in 4th. You sold me the 6K shift into 4th.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Not really. It was in 5th gear. Kind of dangerous actually. I've pulled my boost target down.

I'm still experimenting. When I'm done, I was going to give you some new tables to try out for your stage 1 tune.

BTW, don't do a WOT datalog in 5th gear until you add fuel and pull timing at 2400 rpm and engine load > 2.4 g/rev. It's okay to hit WOT; just don't keep your foot on it for more than a second or two. If you need to pass someone, downshift into 3rd or 4th gear.

Good to know. I know of, and can forsee a few situations where I'm WOT in 5th.

Archived