LegacyGT.com

@#$&*(& Just Got My First Traffic Ticket

Hanger

Is this your first ticket EVER? Cause if so, you're doing a lot better than I did. I got five the first year i had my license, and have racked up another six or so in the last two decades. After my first, my uncle told me "Don't worry, kid. The next 25 come pretty fast." So perhaps my problem is genetic. :lol:

Speeding tickets aren't really that big a deal; if you're lucky, your insurance company will never find out about it (most only review accounts once every three years or so) and increase your rates. My advice would be to show up for the court date (as most times the judge will reduce the fine), go to the class if you're eligible (it will be boring as hell, but worth it), and chalk it all up as a learning experience.

well i've had 1 jay-walking ticket before i got my license, about 4 parking tickets and that's it

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea...it's kind of ridiculous in that area...Garfield and Atlantic...both suck. Especially since they're 30 mph zones when they should be at least 35.

I got a ticket once right after Garfield and New for not signaling before changing lanes even though I ALWAYS signal even if there aren't any cars around. It was baloney... Another time, I got pulled over on Atlantic just as I passed the 10 bridge....I managed to get out of it though by saying I was having a stressful week and didn't notice my speed.

I think it's kind of a good and bad thing traffic is more heavily enforced in that area...good, mainly because of the crappy asian drivers WHO DON'T FREAKING KNOW HOW TO DRIVE...and bad because they get good guys like us.

yea...it's kind of ridiculous in that area...Garfield and Atlantic...both suck. Especially since they're 30 mph zones when they should be at least 35.

I got a ticket once right after Garfield and New for not signaling before changing lanes even though I ALWAYS signal even if there aren't any cars around. It was baloney... Another time, I got pulled over on Atlantic just as I passed the 10 bridge....I managed to get out of it though by saying I was having a stressful week and didn't notice my speed.

That works??? Oh but that was before the cop write u up a ticket right?

I think it's kind of a good and bad thing traffic is more heavily enforced in that area...good, mainly because of the crappy asian drivers WHO DON'T FREAKING KNOW HOW TO DRIVE...and bad because they get good guys like us.

:whore:

○ ○ ○

if its your first ticket, you will have the option to go to traffic school. your ticket should be under 200 bucks and traffic school is about 60 bucks (i think). it goes off your record and you will continue to have a perfect driving record.

how can you be speeding in a non turbo? :lol:

kidding...

did he try and write you up for your mods, too?

unfortunately my co-workers said that the fine rate had gone up

○ ○ ○

That works??? Oh but that was before the cop write u up a ticket right?

:whore:

yea...it was before he wrote the ticket. I was going a little bit over 40 or so in my integra just as I was pulling up to that chinese shopping center and the cop was just freaking sitting in the driveway with his lights off.

He kept saying, "I caught you going 43 mph in a 30 mph zone...do you want to see the radar?"

I hate hate hate traffic cops.

that's not bad, how long ago was this?

hmm i'm about 11 mph above the safe limit at 35 mph :redface:

about 2 years ago... They say cops don't pull you over unless you're going 10+mph over. I tend to hover around 5 mph over if i suspect cops are nearby...especially around that area off Atlantic and Garfield.

about 2 years ago... They say cops don't pull you over unless you're going 10+mph over. I tend to hover around 5 mph over if i suspect cops are nearby...especially around that area off Atlantic and Garfield.

yea usually i'm careful around that area, i don't know wassup they really caught me off guard this morning

○ ○ ○

You'd probably know the area, it was the section on Garfield from Hellman to Garvey. I find it hard to believe i got up to 46 mph in that morning old people traffic

think it'll be good enough reason to contest?

"Dear Judge, I do not believe I was speeding, because of all the old, stupidass drivers on the street, it's impossible"

○ ○ ○

You'd probably know the area, it was the section on Garfield from Hellman to Garvey. I find it hard to believe i got up to 46 mph in that morning old people traffic

"Dear Judge, I do not believe I was speeding, because of all the old, stupidass drivers on the street, it's impossible"

say that you drive a 2.5i and that you can't even get up to 46mph. :lol:

usually the best way to contest a speeding ticket is to contest what you were cited for.

there are usually 2 citations: either going over the speed limit or getting cited for the basic speed law. the basic speed law is that you were driving unsafely and were posing a danger to nearby cars and pedestrians.

heres what the CA DMV says about the basic speed law:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22350.htm

if are cited for the basic speed law, try to find something in that law to contest. you can check on your ticket what violation u were cited for. if it was for the basic speed law, you can say that visibility was 100% (this morning the sky was clear), and if there were no other cars or pedestrians within i'd say 100 yards of you then u posed no danger to anyone other than yourself. and 46mph isnt even that fast.

Archived