LegacyGT.com

Is premium required in a LGT?

iirc Chevron is also a tier one manufacturer.

my point is...no matter what franchise it is, IF it is individually owned there is no telling what you are really getting. i have had 2 bad experiences with "top grade" gas stations with 2 different cars in 2 different locations within 40 miles of each other.

i'd say go by butt dyno and the way the car acts.

yeah i understand it doesnt cost much more but i still would like to know if it has any ill effects besides the fact the engine wont make more power

fill up with nothing but regular and let us know how it goes, we're all told that the engines require premium, but i dont think anyone here has actually challenged that with empirical evidence, maybe you can be the first.

I saw some Dumb ass Beeotch filling up her B9 Tribeca with Regular yesterday

I wanted to yell at her, but i figured she wouldnt care anyway

I did yell at my mom for putting reg in her B9. Told her if it pre-det. and they tested her gas and found reg. in it they would void her warrenty.

Now she at least puts in 89.. lol

actually I ran 87 in my saab turbo for a long time.....nothing ill happened to my turbo and it was a brand new TD04 turbo...straight from the box.....my mechanic told me the worst that happens is that the car won't go into full boost (timing will retard)...

nothing bad will happen to your engine..and as for the above poster who claims Subaru will test your gas... :lol:

what do you think, we all drive $80k bimmers??? :lol: Subaru ain't testing shiet.....

I saw some Dumb ass Beeotch filling up her B9 Tribeca with Regular yesterday

I wanted to yell at her, but i figured she wouldnt care anyway

I did yell at my mom for putting reg in her B9. Told her if it pre-det. and they tested her gas and found reg. in it they would void her warrenty.

Now she at least puts in 89.. lol

06/07 Tribecas recommend premium but it's not required. There is a healthy loss of HP on regular though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We test drove an 05 GT yesterday and the salesman told us that it had a brand new motor and turbo put in under warranty b.c the idiot who owned it ran regular in it. Said that overheated eventually blowing the head gasket and fried the turbo. The idiot traded it in for a new GT after that,and only runs 93 in that one. Now I am not sure how accurate this is b.c the salesman also told us that an 07 DGM Spec B was the only thing that came in that color and that it had Brembo STRUTS, yes he said struts lol.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Do i have to put premium in if i buy a LGT or can i get away with regular?

Will regular cause engine damage or just not put out as many horses?

Thanks guys

Come to my house. Leave me your car. Take mine. I'll go ahead and take all my mods off so it's easier. Enjoy filling up regular. K Thnx.:)

06/07 Tribecas recommend premium but it's not required. There is a healthy loss of HP on regular though.

Well my dad (who told her to put in 87/89) when going uphill - never fails to mention that "I dont think this car really has 250 HP"

I always come back with either

a: Thats cause your retarded, err i mean the engine is retarding

b: ummm. Drivetrain loss...

c: Is that a Mustang or DynoJet buttdyno you got installed?

Archived