114 members have voted

1. 1. Should I de-badge my trunk

• No leave it there
    • Take it all off baby
    • Take off the GT and maybe gt in i in its place

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I dont understand taking the badages off...... If we owned a 318 or 320 or wanted to "MAKE PPL BELIEVE I HAD AN M" yeah go for it, but its a GT, top of the range...... Just my thoughts. Gish Im starting to sound like Kevin.... LOL only joking... Adam.

I don't mind the badges. I don't like the little 2.5 on there. That's not needed since they are all 2.5 engines. I do hate dealer ad stickers/badges on cars. Mine came with none but had that dealer plate holder. That came off right away. The dealer didn't pay me for his advertising on MY car. There is no way I'd keep it there. Once the deal is done, I don't care anything about the dealer.

Guest JessterCPA
[quote name='ih8vtec13']Do any of you that have debadged get any extra hassel from the cops?[/QUOTE] Why would the cops be more attracted to your car because of no badges?? I don't understand your concern here. Hey, they might even mistake it for a Camry!

I finally took the plunge and debadged my LGT trunk lid, looks nice. Even the wife mentioned that it looked better...and I had originally caught some flak from her when I told her that I was planning to do this a couple weeks ago.

Okay, probably going to get flamed for this but.... How about only removing SOME of the badging? Leave the bolded letters... le[b]GA[/b]c[b]Y[/b]:lol: :D Seriously dude, it's your car, do what you want with it. If you want to debadge it, do it. Don't do it for the approval of others, or not do it because of others scorn. There are going to be people out there who do things to their car that you don't like, and YOU will probably do things to your car that THEY won't like. Get over it. Do what makes you happy! Live your own life!

[quote name='Random']Okay, probably going to get flamed for this but.... How about only removing SOME of the badging? Leave the bolded letters... le[b]GA[/b]c[b]Y[/b]:lol: :D Seriously dude, it's your car, do what you want with it. If you want to debadge it, do it. Don't do it for the approval of others, or not do it because of others scorn. There are going to be people out there who do things to their car that you don't like, and YOU will probably do things to your car that THEY won't like. Get over it. Do what makes you happy! Live your own life![/QUOTE] Can't. The "Legacy" name tag was one piece, not individual letters.

You can see how I voted, [img]http://premium.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi/Dsc00039.jpg[/img] I like to debadge all my cars. I may get rid of 2.5 or all of it, but right now I like the 2.5GT. I have been asked several times what kind of car I have because many people that like nice cars do no the the blue stars Suby logo. People also ask if my car is lowered. Have fun,

Okay, silly question... how do you de-badge it? Do they simply pull off? Or do you use a hair dryer to heat it up then pulll it off? What is the technique, thanks.
Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

I think the detailed instructions were posted in this thread, or maybe it was another one. Here's a quick & dirty rundown: - use a hair dryer to soften up the doublestick tape - use fishing line or dental floss to peel the badges off - use Goo Gone (the orange degreaser), or another mild degreaser to get rid of the sticky gunk on your car. It was simple and took me about 10 min....and I'm not a big modder.

• 3 weeks later...
TO EACH, THEIR OWN!!! I kinda liked the nice balanced look of just having the SUBARU and LEGACY badges (removed 2.5GT), but in the end those came off, too. I just like the clean look without them, but the Legacy badges are actually much nicer looking than other cars I've had so it wasn't really 'necessary' - just a personal decision. I used a hair dryer and a thin plastic spatula and they came off real easy. You can get most of the residue off with your Mark-1 thumb, and the rest with a little Bug-and-Tar remover.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I just de-badged mine. I think it looks much cleaner now. I just left the GT on it :D

Debadged.jpg.d7ff3db0a1367350243054601e496920.jpg

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='midnght']I say take it all off. I have done it on all my cars. The LGT will have it done as soon as it is in the driveway.:D [size=2][img]http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/data/502/7998DSC00330.JPG[/img][/size][/QUOTE] What part of MD are you from?? Keefe
Keefe

Archived