114 members have voted

1. 1. Should I de-badge my trunk

• No leave it there
    • Take it all off baby
    • Take off the GT and maybe gt in i in its place

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='bpc8bpc8']debadged it the first day I got it (about a week ago) -- even with 12 inches of snow on the ground and no garage. (I'll be getting rid of the dealer plate cover as soon as I have real plates -- I have those paper ones now).[/QUOTE] So, how'd you do it? Hairdryer, or what? (Btw, I'm from Niles. Good to see there'll be some Subie love in the area when I visit.)

hey -- I've been driving a lot around niles. My wife teaches up there. The michigan roads are nice and windy, and the 70 mph speed limit isn't bad either.

Here's what I did - (1) heated up with a hairdryer (couple minutes on high), then (2) took some dental floss and slid it under the letters, (3) rolled off what I could of the remaining gluey tape stuff, (4) used goo gone to remove the rest of the residue. (I followed the directions on the goo gone -- not sure if leaving it on too long could do damage to the paint finish and I didn't want to find out).

The dealer also put a sticker on my car that I had to remove with goo gone - I was just thankful they hadn't painted it on.

Here's before and after

back2.jpg.cba82ea3cfa61d7e8be88863ab8730e2.jpg

back1.jpg.987a3f5c20c997b63b4a4a1ede51f1e1.jpg

It's wicked easy to debadge, dab some Goo gone all over the letters, let it soak in a for a lil bit...get some fishing line, or really thin wire, wrap the ends of the wire around your hands and get it under the letters and just kinda saw/pop them off, it will leave some residue then just use the goo gone to get the rest off.......took me 10 minutes total to pop them off.....=)

Archived