LegacyGT.com

How popular is the Legacy in Japan

I keep seeing postings of JDM products/ Web sights/ Goodies etc that look way way beyond any thing we see here in the States. Now[i] know [/i]that the Legacy is newly redone for this model year and things take time BUT from what I see on the Japan sights this car looks to be getting far more upgrades/ mods / intrest than here. QUESTION-- In Japan where does the Legacy stack up against its competition? As far as Sales volumn? Status vrs other Models and or Products lines? Popurality as a "performance car" Here in the States Subaru seems to be a low volumn nich car and either funky /qwirky and /or "cheap" QUESTION #2-- Do you think we will ever see the upgrade selection they see in Japan ? QUESTION #3 Do you think that anytime soon car buyers in the States will see Subaru as an Upscale brand?

the legacy in japan has been there at least 6 months earlier than we had it,, i went there in the summer and i seen quite a few legacy wagons with aftermarket parts on em,, didnt see 1 sedan tho ,, but i wouldnt say there r many subarus there of what i expected,, i expected to see alot more

The Legacy twin turbo models, the previous version of the Legacy, was, and is, the single most popular car in terms of aftermarket sales in Japan. The new model is slowly getting there as well, as tuners get more and more parts out. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

Paul Thanks for clearing up my thinking. You confirmined what I was trying to say although not too well. So my feeling that the Legacy was and is a major performance player in Japan is accurate. Do you see this potential in the States ? Whats missing or whatever here?

[quote name='franklin']Whats missing or whatever here?[/QUOTE] Market perception. It's not a domestic vehicle, like it is in Japan, and it's not viewed as a viable performance vehicle by many people yet. Neither was the WRX turbo when it first came out - but things change. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

• 4 months later...
[quote name='gt_ltd']because they love the USDM bumpers and tires?[/QUOTE] mmmm they don't? this doesn't make sense japanese manufacturer with their models being different from US, manufacturing all stuff in the US? highly unlikely... maybe some parts, but that's it.... cars themselves are made in japan

Archived